Kaduna State Government Scholarship – Are you from Kaduna State, and you don’t have enough funds to sponsor your university education? If so then you can apply for the Kaduna State Government scholarship for students. And since you are a citizen of Kaduna State you can apply for it. The scholarship is in four categories; Local Scholarships, Foreign Scholarships, Law School, and French Immersion Courses. You can apply for any of them.
Therefore, today, we are going to focus on the scholarship application procedures, that is how to apply, the requirements applicants must meet before they will be considered for the scholarship, those that are eligible for the scholarship, and other updates for the scholarship.
Kaduna State Scholarship Board
The Kaduna State Scholarship Board is a board that is established and saddled with the responsibility of conducting interviews for students who applied for the scholarship. They are also responsible for giving awards to the students who made it successfully in the scholarship.
The job of the board will include disbursing allowances to all the successful candidates who gain admission into different universities of their choice. The board also offers grants, bursaries, and loans to Kaduna students, including students of institutions in the country and overseas.
Requirements for the Scholarship
For you to be considered for the scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- To qualify, the candidate must be an indigene of Kaduna State.
- You must have been an undergraduate student of an approved institution in Nigeria
- Candidates must attain a level of academic grades.
- All the students are expected to have a minimum CGPA of 3.0, for those in Higher Institutions (universities, Polytechnics, College of Education)
- All the credentials of the applicants will be verified through a screening process
- First School Living Certificate (FSLC) is required from all the applicants
- Applicants must also have a Certificate of Origin.
- All the University/Polytechnic/ College/ School of Nursing Students must have their Statement of Result containing their CGPA
- At the time of disbursement, the student must be a student who has at least one more semester
- Any student with a spill over student, will not be eligible
- For new students, evidence of Grade B in a minimum of five subjects including Mathematics and English must be provided
- Again students with Grade C for the other subjects taken in WASSCE or NECO must be in just a sitting.
- To continue to enjoy this benefit, successful candidates must maintain a minimum CGPA of 4.0 of 5.0 or 3.5 of 4.0 regularly
Eligible Candidates for Kaduna State Scholarship
Below are the criteria that qualify candidates to apply for the Kaduna State Scholarship.
- You must be an indigene of Kaduna state.
- You must be an undergraduate student, studying a course at any University in Nigeria.
- If a polytechnic then you must be an ND or HND student.
- NCE students in any College of Education in Nigeria can also apply for the scholarship
- Kaduna State indigenes intending to study abroad.
Local Government Areas Eligible for Kaduna State Scholarship
This scholarship is exclusively for the indigenes of Kaduna State. The scholarship was established to assist young people who have the dream of furthering their education, to whom financial constraints would have been a barrier.
However, this scholarship is not for anybody, rather it is mainly for those students from the local government areas in Kaduna state listed below. That is to say that if you are not from any of the following local governments you are not eligible to apply. The local government is as follows:
- Birnin Gwari
- Jaba, Nigeria
- Kabala West
- Kaduna North
- Kaduna South
- Kaura, Nigeria
- Kudan, Nigeria
- Lere, Kaduna State
- Sabon Gari, Kaduna
- Sanga, Nigeria
- Soba, Nigeria
- Zangon Kataf
Kaduna State Scholarship Application Procedures
Please read the requirements above and be sure that you are eligible before you can apply. And if you are eligible, then follow this application procedure to apply for the scholarship:
- Visit the Kaduna State Scholarship portal https://kdsg-scholarship.com/scholarships.
- The following: Local Scholarships, Foreign Scholarships, Law School, and French Immersion Courses will appear on the page
- Click on the Local Scholarships.
- Select any of the options applicable to your status: Merit Based, Disability, or Needs-Based as the case may be
- select the Apply Here button and click on it
- Scroll down again and click on the Apply Here button
- When a fresh page opens, create a new account with your name, email address, and password.
- Log in to your email for a validation link that will be sent by the scholarship board.
- When you have found the link, click on the verify account link to validate your scholarship account.
- A new page will pop up, enter your email address and password to log in.
- You will see Apply for Scholarship, click on it
- Then fill in the required information and upload the necessary documents
- Then submit your application
After that, you will wait for the scholarship board to send you a message if you have been selected for screening and verification or not.
Benefits of the Scholarship
All the applicants of the Kaduna State Government scholarship who meet all the requirements and pass all the interviews to be conducted by the board will get the benefit of full tuition fee sponsorship from the Kaduna State Government. And other incentives that follow it.
The Kaduna State scholarship does not have a specific application deadline.
If you have read this article, you will find out that we have shown you the scholarship application procedures, that is how to apply, the requirements applicants must meet before they will be considered for the scholarship, those that are eligible for the scholarship, that means you must be an indigene of Kaduna State and other updates for the scholarship.