FG Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship To Study Abroad: The federal government has announced that they’ve begun the 2023/2024 application process for the Federal government Bilateral Education Agreement (B.E.A.) for Postgraduate and undergraduate students interested in studying abroad.
The Honourable Minister for Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, officially made an announcement informing interested and qualified Nigerians to pick up the form and register for the 2023/2024 B.E.A. scholarship examination.
Every year, the Federal Government rolls out these Bilateral Education Agreement scholarship programs to empower Nigerians who wish to either start their undergraduate studies or continue their postgraduate studies abroad.
This program is for every Nigerian who meets the basic requirements.
The program sends successful applicants to some non-English speaking countries where they continue their education on B.E.A. scholarship. In the course of this post, we’ll take you through all you need to know about the Bilateral Education Agreement scholarship; by the end of this post, you’ll be able to know
- Bilateral Education Agreement official countries of study.
- Eligible field of study for successful applicants.
- Eligibility and requirements for the B.E.A. scholarship program
- Files to be uploaded.
- Some official Portals for application and submission.
Bilateral Education Agreement (B.E.A.) countries of study
The B.E.A. scholarship program is meant for non-English speaking countries; this program offers scholarships for Degrees and postgraduate studies.
Eligible countries for degree studies
The following are countries where you can run a degree program for the B.E.A. scholarship program; Russia, Venezuela, Morocco, Egypt, and Hungary.
Eligible Countries for Post Graduates program
If you already have your first degree from Romania, Hungary, China, Serbia, etc., you can go for your (P.G.) B.E.A. scholarship in Russia.
Field of Study for Successful Federal Government B.E.A. scholarship
The following are Fields of Study for successful applicants.
Undergraduates— Social Science, Engineering, Geology, Biotechnology, Sports, Architecture, Neurologist, Agriculture, Law, Medicine, and Pilot Engineering. For Post Graduates Studies like a Master’s Degree and Ph.D., you can study all courses mentioned above.
Eligibility Requirements for Federal Government B.E.A. Scholarship Program
Below are the requirements for the B.E.A. scholarship program
Eligibility for undergraduate program
- Interested applicants must have a minimum of Seven distinctions in their Senior West Africa Examination Council (W.A.E.C.); this means you must score As and Bs in English, Mathematics, and five other subjects that align with your field of study.
- Your W.A.E.C. certificate is expected to be at most two years old. It implies any Waec result older than May/June 2021 and May/June 2022 is ineligible for the 2023/2024 Federal Government B.E.A. undergraduate scholarship program.
- The age limit for potential undergraduate applicants is from 17 to 20 yrs. You’re not eligible for this program if you’re below 17 or above 20.
Eligibility for Postgraduate Program
- You must have completed a degree program in a verifiable and reputable institution to be eligible.
- You must have graduated as a 1st class student or at least 2nd class Upper to be eligible for the scholarship program.
- You must have completed the compulsory one-year National Youth Service Corps (N.Y.S.C.) program.
- For the Master’s degree program, applicants must not be older than 35 years.It is the official age limit, and those who exceed it will not be eligible.
- The age limit for those seeking a Ph.D. scholarship is 40yrs.
- You must provide your N.Y.S.C. discharge or exemption certificate; this is compulsory for all aspirants.
- If you are gainfully employed, you must provide evidence showing your employers will readily approve and release you for the program.
As we noted, the B.E.A. scholarship program is for countries that are not English speaking; as such, aspirants must be willing to take part in compulsory 12 months (1 year) foreign language lessons in their study country of choice.
It enables you to fight communication barriers when you officially kick off your scholarship program.
If you are applying for an undergraduate program in Hungary, you are permitted to apply for two different Fields of study; the application should be arranged in order of preference.
The portal for Hungary application opened in Mid November; you can complete your online application through this link www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu application will officially close on January 16th, 2023.
For Russian postgraduate applicants, note that you must have acquired your first degree in Russia to be eligible for the postgraduate scholarship.
To complete your application online, follow this website https://education-in-russia.com/.
The following files and to be uploaded by applicants
Undergraduates– applicants seeking first-degree certificates through the B.E.A. Scholarship program should have their Waec/Wassce certificate ready and intact.
Postgraduate– candidates of postgraduate studies should provide their Waec/Wassce certificate; they are equally expected to produce their National Youth Service Corps (N.Y.S.C.) discharge or exemption certificate.
Provide your Indigene or Local government identification letter too.
Successful candidates who are nominated by the board are required to submit the following;
- Provide Original copies of your academic certificates as requested by the board. You must provide the original, as they may not accept photocopies.
- Your authentic birth certificate. Please ensure the birth certificate is authentic and can be traced to have aligned with other certificates; this, of course, is to prevent complications when completing this application.
- Your local government identification letter. To get your local government letter of identification, you should go to your Local government headquarters and request it.
- Also requested are your Official medical records from hospitals owned by the government. It’s specified that these medical records should be from government hospitals alone, any record from private hospitals will not be accepted.
- Police clearance form based on necessity.
- The Data page of your international passport
If you meet all the requirements listed above in this post, you can apply through this Link email@example.com.
For further information on this scholarship, call this official phone number 08077884417/08035996213.
Application closes on January 6th, 2023; endeavor to apply before the deadline.
By now, you must have known a thing or two about what the Bilateral Education Agreement (B.E.A.), FG Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship is all about; if you’re eligible and meets the requirements, now is a good time to apply. The application deadline is January 6th; to avoid the drama that comes with applying on deadlines, you should start your application now, the earlier you start the process, the best. We wish you good luck.
2 thoughts on “2023/2024 FG Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship to Study Abroad”
Pingback: Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University 2023/2024 | How to Apply
Pingback: Universities that Offer Mechanical Engineering In Nigeria (2023 Listings)