It is one of the Universities that was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in February 2011 in a bid to ensure Educational equity nationwide.
Located in the community of Otuoke, in the center of the oil-rich Bayelsa State, the University is about 21 kilometers to the south of Bayelsa State’s capital city, Yenogoa. The University occupies around 200 hectares of land.
The Federal University Otuoke commenced Academic Programmes in 2012 and at the time had two faculties, the Faculty of Social Sciences and the Faculty of Science and Humanities with its inaugural matriculation ceremony taking place in the year 2012.
Also, their team of highly motivated and disciplined staff coupled with the presence of a peaceful and vibrant Academic environment make learning, teaching, and research a truly rewarding experience.
The Students at FUOTUOKE do not just receive classroom education but are groomed properly on Academic, Interactive, Social, and Entrepreneurial aspects thereby leading to a holistic Education pattern.
The University currently runs two Campuses from which a sizeable number of its graduates have passed out and have left their marks both in the public and private sectors of everyday living.
More fondly referred to as “the family university”, FUOTUOKE has a very inclusive style of leadership and administrative pattern as well as a very able Governing Council.
The University held its inaugural convocation ceremony (which was a combined ceremony for its 2012, 2013, and 2014 set of students) on 21st September 2019.
The University’s current Vice-Chancellor is Professor Teddy Charles Adias
The University offers both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs (M.Sc and Ph.D.)
Although the University is relatively new, it has continued to grow steadily over the years and continues to remain a center of learning and character grooming.
Federal University Otuoke Admission Requirements And Courses Offered
Are you planning to study at FUOTUOKE but do not know what Courses are open to you?
Are you also keen to know what the Admission Requirements are in order to get Admission into this prestigious university?
Read on to know more as this post seeks to address those issues thoroughly.
Courses & Programmes Offered by The Federal University, Otuoke (FUOTUOKE)
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Economics and Development Studies
- Political Science
- Computer Science and Informatics
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Entrepreneurship and Marketing
- English and Communication Studies
- History and International Studies
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Business Education
- Chemistry Education
- History Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
Admission Requirements For Admission Into FUOTUOKE
All Individuals seeking to pursue any of the available Programs at FUOTUOKE should meet the following requisite conditions.
For those seeking admission to FUOTUOKE through JAMB UTME:
- A minimum of 5 O’Level Credits (SSCE/GCE) obtained in no more than two sittings.
- Selection of the correct course combination for the intended course of study during JAMB UTME Registration.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum score of 160 in the just concluded JAMB UTME Exams to be considered for Admission to the University.
- All Candidates to be considered must have registered FUOTUOKE, as their first-choice Institution
- Prospective Candidates must duly undergo the FUOTUOKE Post-UTME Screening Exercise in order to be considered eligible for admission into the University.
- All Applicants must be at least 16 years in the year of Application.
For Direct Entry (DE) 2023/2024 Students
If seeking Admission into the University through Direct Entry (DE), you must meet the following criteria to be considered for Admission to the University:
- All Candidates must obtain a minimum of 5 O’Level Credits (SSCE/GCE) obtained in no more than two sittings.
- Prospective Candidates must have passed two ‘A’ level/IJMB Subjects. The Subjects must relate to their intended field of Study
- Applicants must have obtained Passes in JUPEB/A subjects related to the intended field of Study to be considered for Admission into the University.
- Dependent upon your choice of course of study at the University, a degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in a related discipline may also be needed.
- All applicants must also have purchased the FUOTUOKE Direct Entry Form from JAMB. They also must have been duly registered and made all requisite payments on the FUOTUOKE Portal.
- Prospective Candidates must have passed the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma, or any other Advanced Certificate with a minimum of a merit pass
Frequently Asked Questions About FUOTUOKE
Is FUOTUOKE conducting Post-UTME Screening in 2023?
The Federal University, Otuoke shall conduct Post-UTME Screening Exercise to sort out and subsequently admit qualified Candidates.
The screening form goes for a non-refundable fee of N2000 to be paid via REMITA.
What is FUOTUOKE’s cut-off point for 2023/2024?
The Governing Council of FUOTUOKE has set the cut-off point at 160 for the current session.
As such, all Candidates who scored a minimum of 160 in the just concluded UTME Exams have met the cut-off point requirement of the University for Admission Consideration.
Does FUOTUOKE accept second choice Admission Applications?
There are reports that FUOTUOKE accepts second-choice applications. The Federal University, Otuoke does not accept second-choice applications.
Make them your first choice Institution during your registration.
What is the cost of Hostel Fees at Federal University, Otuoke?
The management of The University has made provisions for Hostel Accommodation within the Campus.
However, students who wish to stay in the Hostel at FUOTUOKE are mandated to pay a sum of N10,000 for Hostel Fees.