BSU Admission Requirements and Courses Offered – To the general public and most importantly the Benue State University aspiring students that the management of Benue State University, Makurdi, has released the Admission requirements for the 2023/2024 Academic Session. So all the aspiring students of the institution can now access the university admission requirement.
In the same vein, for all other students who seek to know the National University Council (NUC) accredited courses offered by Benue State University, we have got all those courses listed down here for you, so that you can be sure that your career course is credited and offered by the institution.
That is to say that having a good knowledge of the courses offered and the admission requirements of your chosen university will give you an edge to make an informed decision towards your academic pursuit. However, in this article, we will bring you details of Benue State University admission requirements and the courses that they offer.
If you realize that you are in this category of students, then follow us in this article as we bring you full details of all the accredited courses offered and all the requirements you need to be successful in the 2023 academic session.
An Overview Of Benue State University
let’s quickly take a look at brief information about the existence of Benue State University (BSU), for those of you who don’t have much knowledge about the school. The BSU is an officially accredited and recognized institution by the National Universities Commission (NUC) of Nigeria, and as such all their dealings are on legal grounds.
The Benue State University (BSU), was established in 1992 and is located in Marcurdi, the Benue State capital. The university has 32 (thirty-two) students as of 2015. Moreso, it is affiliated with the Benue State University Teaching Hospital.
Meanwhile, the leadership of the institution rests on the shoulder of Professor Tor Lorapuu, the Vice Chancellor of the University. It has about twenty-three departments that make up the eight faculties in operation. The Benue State University is a state-owned university, with the motto: Scientia Liberatio Populurum. In any case, you can get more information about BSU at https://www.bsum.edu.ng/
Benue State University Faculties
The university has about eight faculties.
- College of Health Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Management Sciences
Courses Offered at the Benue State University (BSU)
If you want to be certain that your career choice, of course, is accredited by the National University Council (NUC), and is offered by the Benue State University BSU, check the list below:
- Business Management
- Public Administration
- Theatre Arts
- English Language
- Religious Studies
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Vocational and Technical Education
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Computer Science
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Biology
- Education and Physics
- Physical and Health Education
- Educational Technology / Introductory Technology
- Home Economics and Education
- Education and English Language
- Education and Religious Studies
- Educational Management
- Library and Information Science
- Pre-Primary and Primary Education
- Guidance and Counselling
- Education and Social Studies
- Business Education
- Nursing / Nursing Science
- Medicine and Surgery
- Human Physiology
- Biological Science(s)
- Industrial Chemistry
- Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Computer Science
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
BSU University UTME Admission Requirements
One thing every prospective student needs to know is that writing JAMB and Post UTME is one thing, but getting admission into the university is another thing altogether. So for you to gain admission into BSU, via UTME applicants must meet the requirements below:
- Expected applicants must be up to sixteen (16) years of age.
- Applicants must also possess at least (5) five Credits) pass in their Ordinary Level result (s), in either WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB, including English Language, Mathematics, and three other relevant subjects related to their course of study. Two sitting O’level is not accepted.
If for instance, a student wants to study Medicine, he or she must have credits in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry,
- Applicants’ scores in the JAMB UTME examination, must reach at least 180 and above.
- Applicants must choose subject combinations that tally with their courses of study.
- The candidate must score up to the required cut-off mark that is required for the course they want to study. In the school.
Admission Requirement for BSU Direct Entry
The following admission requirements must be met by Direct Entry applicants before they are considered for admission:
- The applicant must present the JAMB Direct Entry form from JAMB’s official website
- The expected applicant must be up to sixteen (16) years of age.
- Applicants must also possess at least (5) five Credits) pass in their Ordinary level results, in either WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB, including English Language, Mathematics, and three other relevant subjects related to their course of study. Two sitting Ordi’level is not accepted.
- Direct Entry, applicants must have any of the certificates below: OND, NCE, Cambridge A level, IJMB, BSc, and HND
This is where we will wrap it up for this particular discussion, and I do hope that you have been able to grab all the information you have been looking for, concerning admission requirements and the courses offered.
We state in detail that BSU offers Fifty-three (53) accredited courses, that students can apply for, at the undergraduate level of the institution. So for those of you who have been seeking to know the courses that are offered at the university, find out if your choice of courses is there.
Finally, we have listed very clearly all the requirements for all the UTME and Direct Entry students to have admission into BSU for the 2023/2024 academic year. Please do well to drop us a comment, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
You can even check back this page for more updates on admission requirements for courses offered at Benue State University (BSU).