Would you love to pursue a Degree Program at Bayero University, Kano (BUK)?Are you unsure of what courses are open to you as an aspiring Undergraduate of the University?
Do you want to access more detailed information about the Admission Requirements at BUK?
If you answered Yes to any of the above questions, then read on to find out more
Read on as we would (with the aid of this article) answer these questions…
About Bayero University Kano (BUK)
Often referred to as BUK, Bayero University, Kano is a Nigerian Federal university located along Gwarzo Road in the commercial city of Kano.
Kano City is the capital city of Kano State in Nigeria.
Instituted in 1975, the University was renamed from Bayero University College to Bayero University Kano after attaining University status.
Bayero University currently runs New, Old, AKTH, Mambayya, and Sce Campuses.
Bayero University Kano Admission Requirements And List Of All Courses
Are you planning to study at Bayero University but do not know what Courses are open to you?
Are you also keen to know what the Admission Requirements are in order to get Admission into this prestigious university?
Read on to know more as this post seeks to address those issues thoroughly.
Courses & Programmes Offered by BUK
The list below contains all the courses currently offered by Bayero University Kano.
The courses include:
- Adult Education
- Agric-economics And Extension
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Science And Education
- Applied Biology
- Arabic Studies
- Automotive Engineering
- Banking And Finance
- Biological Science(s)
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemistry Education
- Civil Engineering
- Common And Islamic Law
- Common And Islamic Law
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security
- Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- Early Childhood Education
- Education And Arabic
- Education And Biology
- Education And Chemistry
- Education And Economics
- Education And English Language
- Education And French
- Education And Geography
- Education And Hausa
- Education And History
- Education And Islamic Studies
- Education And Mathematics
- Education And Physics
- Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- Environmental Health Science
- Environmental Management
- Estate Management
- Fisheries And Aquaculture
- Food Science And Technology
- Forensic Science
- Forestry And Wildlife Management
- Health Education
- Industrial Chemistry
- Information Science And Media Studies
- Information Technology
- International Relations
- Islamic Studies
- Library And Information Science
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medicine And Surgery
- Nursing/Nursing Science
- Nutrition And Dietetics
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physical And Health Education
- Physical Education
- Plant Biology
- Political Science
- Primary Education Studies
- Public Administration
- Quantity Surveying
- Software Engineering
- Special Education
- Teacher Education Science
- Technical Education
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Theatre And Performing Arts
- Urban And Regional Planning
- Veterinary Medicine
Admission Requirements For Admission Into Bayero University, Kano
All Individuals seeking to pursue any of the available Programs at Bayero University, Kano should meet the following requisite conditions.
For those seeking admission to BUK through JAMB UTME:
- A minimum of 5 O’Level Credits (SSCE/GCE) obtained in no more than two sittings.
- Selection of the correct course combination for the intended course of study during JAMB UTME Registration.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum score of 180 in the just concluded JAMB UTME Exams to be considered for Admission to the University.
- All Candidates to be considered must have registered BUK as their first-choice Institution
- Prospective Candidates must duly undergo the BUK Post-UTME Screening Exercise in order to be considered eligible for admission into the University.
- All Applicants must be at least 16 years in the year of Application.
For Direct Entry (DE) 2023/2024 Students
If seeking Admission into the University through Direct Entry (DE), you must meet the following criteria to be considered for Admission to the University:
- All Candidates must obtain a minimum of 5 O’Level Credits (SSCE/GCE) obtained in no more than two sittings.
- Prospective Candidates must have passed two ‘A’ level/IJMB Subjects. The Subjects must relate to their intended field of Study
- Applicants must have obtained Passes in JUPEB/A subjects related to the intended field of Study to be considered for Admission into the University.
- Dependent upon your choice of course of study at the University, a degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in a related discipline may also be needed.
- All applicants must also have purchased the ABU Direct Entry Form from JAMB. They also must have been duly registered and made all requisite payments on the ABU Portal.
- Prospective Candidates must have passed the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma, or any other Advanced Certificate with a minimum of a merit pass
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the new cut-off mark for BUK?
The Official Cut off Point of Bayero University, Kano for 2023/2024 Academic Session is 180.
All Students who wish to pursue any Undergraduate programs through JAMB/UTME entry in the University must obtain a minimum score of 180 in the just concluded UTME Exams
How many years does it take to complete a distance learning Program at Bayero University, Kano?
The program usually takes four years. However, that is dependent on the course of study in question amongst other factors.
What is Bayero University, Kano JAMB UTME 2023/2024 Cut Off Point?
The cut-off point for the indicated Academic Year in Bayero University, Kano remains 180.
Hence, every candidate that scored a minimum of 180 in the just concluded UTME CBT Exams is eligible to register for the BUK Post-UTME Screening Exercise.
Does Bayero University do post-UTME or screening?
Yes. Bayero University, Kano conducts Post-UTME Screening for all eligible Candidates.
One of the core eligibility criteria is that every prospective applicant must have obtained a minimum score of 180 in their UTME Exams.
Does BUK accept the second choice entries?
BUK must be your first choice Institution if you wish to pursue a program at the University.
It is a common misconception that the University accepts second-choice entries by candidates.
You will be required to change your first choice University to BUK to be eligible for Admission Consideration.
What is the Study Duration of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) in BUK?
The study duration for Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) at BUK is 6 years
What is the cut-off mark for MBBS in BUK?
The general cutoff point for all students who wish to study at BUK is 180.
If you applied to study Medicine and Surgery in BUK but scored a minimum of 180 in your UTME Exams, you are equally eligible to apply for the Post-UTME Screening.