More formally known as the Federal University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa state Nigeria, this Institution was formed in the year 1981 by the Nigerian Federal Government to assist in providing for the much-needed technologically skilled manpower of the nation
MAUTECH, as the University is more popularly called, remains one of the four Federal Universities of Technology created and charged with the prime purpose of enhancing science-based research and development.
In the year 1984, it was consolidated into the University of Maiduguri after which it metamorphosed into the Modibbo Adama Campus (MACUM) of the then Federal University of Technology, Yola.
However, in 1988, the University was re-split and as a result, regained its full autonomy.
In the year 2011, the name of the University was changed to “Modibbo Adama University Of Technology, Yola” (MAUTECH) at the approval of the then Commander-In-Chief and President of Nigeria, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
This name change however came into effect on the 1st of October, 2011
MAUTECH offers Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees through ‘seven schools‘ namely:
The Schools Of:
Agriculture and Agricultural Technology (SAAT)
‘Management and Information Technology (SMIT)
Environmental Science (SES)
Engineering and Engineering Technology (SEET),
Pure and Applied Sciences (SPAS)
Postgraduate Studies (SPGS), and
Technology and Science Education (STSE)
In addition to its conventional full-time programs, the Institution also offers degree programs via its Centers for Distance Learning.
Also, MAUTECH runs Diploma and Certificate Programs in at least twenty programs via its Consultancy Services Unit.
However, The Modibbo Adama Federal University Of Technology, Yola has focussed its teaching and research in the Science and Technology fields.
Due to the worthy accolades due the Institution, it has had to welcome a healthy number of collaborations and partnerships with foreign Universities, Government and Non-Governmental Organizations, as well as Corporate bodies to the School.
The Institution has since been accredited by the National Universities Commission to offer Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D., and even associate degrees.
The Current Vice Chancellor of the University is Abdullahi Liman Tukur
MAUTECH Admission Requirements And Courses Offered
Are you interested in enrolling in any of the programs available at MAUTECH but do not know what programs are open to you?
Would you also love to know the requisite Admission requirements to be met in order to be considered for Admission into the University?
Read on as we are about to spell out MAUTECH’s Admission Requirements and List of Offered Courses.
Courses And Programmes Offered by MAUTECH
Below listed are all the Courses offered by MAUTECH:
Agricultural and Environmental Engineering
Banking And Finance
Agricultural Economics and Extension
Animal Science and Range Management
Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
Crop Production And Horticulture
Education and Biology
Fisheries and Aquaculture
Education and Chemistry
Forestry And Wildlife Management
Education and Geography / Physics
Education and Physics
Electrical / Electronic Engineering
Food Science and Technology
Library and Information Science
Mathematics and Economics
Mathematics with Computer Science
Surveying and Geo-Informatics
Technology and Vocational Education
Urban and Regional Planning
Admission Requirements For Admission Into MAUTECH
All Individuals seeking to pursue any of the available Programs at MAUTECH should meet the following requisite conditions.
For those seeking admission to MAUTECH through JAMB UTME:
- A minimum of 5 O’Level Credits (SSCE/GCE) obtained in no more than two sittings.
- Selection of the correct course combination for the intended course of study during JAMB UTME Registration.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum score of 160 in the just concluded JAMB UTME Exams to be considered for Admission to the University.
- All Candidates to be considered must have registered MAUTECH, as their first-choice Institution
- Prospective Candidates must duly undergo the MAUTECH Post-UTME Screening Exercise in order to be considered eligible for admission into the University.
- All Applicants must be at least 16 years in the year of Application.
For Direct Entry (DE) 2023/2024 Students
If seeking Admission into the University through Direct Entry (DE), you must meet the following criteria to be considered for Admission to the University:
- All Candidates must obtain a minimum of 5 O’Level Credits (SSCE/GCE) obtained in no more than two sittings.
- Prospective Candidates must have passed two ‘A’ level/IJMB Subjects. The Subjects must relate to their intended field of Study
- Applicants must have obtained Passes in JUPEB/A subjects related to the intended field of Study to be considered for Admission into the University.
- Dependent upon your choice of course of study at the University, a degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in a related discipline may also be needed.
- All applicants must also have purchased the MAUTECH Direct Entry Form from JAMB. They also must have been duly registered and made all requisite payments on the MAUTECH Portal.
- Prospective Candidates must have passed the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma, or any other Advanced Certificate with a minimum of a merit pass
Frequently Asked Questions About MAUTECH
Is MAUTECH conducting Post-UTME Screening in 2023?
The Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola shall conduct Post-UTME Screening Exercise to sort out and subsequently admit qualified Candidates.
Currently, the screening form goes for a non-refundable fee of N2000 to be paid via REMITA.
What is MAUTECH’s cut-off point for 2023/2024?
The Governing Council of MAUTECH has set the cut-off point at 160 for the current session.
As such, all Candidates who scored a minimum of 160 in the just concluded UTME Exams have met the cut-off point requirement of the University for Admission Consideration.
Does MAUTECH accept second-choice Admission Applications?
There are reports that MAUTECH accepts second-choice applications. This is not the case as this has been long discontinued.
The Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola does not accept second-choice applications.
To be considered eligible for Admission consideration, ensure to make them your first choice Institution during your registration.
What is the cost of Acceptance Fees at Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola?
If you are a newly admitted student at the Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola, you will be mandated to pay a compulsory and non-refundable Acceptance Fee.
For the 2023/2024 Academic Session, the Acceptance fee payable by freshers at MAUTECH is estimated to be between N10,000 – N30,000.