FUPRE Admission Requirements And Courses Offered – This Federal University is located in Effurun, Delta State. It was opened and validated during an FEC (Federal Executive Council) meeting that was held on 14 March 2007.
The University admitted its premier batch of undergraduates a year later in 2008. It produces labor force and manpower expertise for the oil and gas sector of the Nigerian Economy.
The Institution moved to its permanent site at Ugbomro, Uvwie LGA of Delta State in 2010.
Before then, it shared infrastructure and other learning facilities with the Petroleum Training Institute (PTI), Effurun.
Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun remains the foremost Petroleum University in Africa and the sixth in the whole world.
This Federal Research Institution currently operates from the main campus located at Ugbomro, Uvwie LGA of Delta State.
The Undergraduate and graduate programs offered by the University include vocational programs, affiliate degrees, and remedial courses.
FUPRE Admission Requirements And Courses Offered
Are you planning to study at FUPRE but do not know what Courses are open to you?
Are you also keen to know what the Admission Requirements are in order to get Admission into this prestigious university?
Read on to know more as this post seeks to address those issues thoroughly.
Courses And Programmes Offered In FUPRE
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Environmental Management & Toxicology
- Industrial Chemistry
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Natural Gas Engineering
- Petrochemical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Science Laboratory Technology
Admission Requirements For Admission Into FUPRE
All Individuals seeking to pursue any of the available Programs at the Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun should meet the following requisite conditions.
For those seeking admission to FUPRE through JAMB UTME
- A minimum of 5 O’Level Credits (SSCE/GCE) obtained in no more than two sittings.
- Selection of the correct course combination for the intended course of study during JAMB UTME Registration.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum score of 180 in the just concluded JAMB UTME Exams to be considered for Admission to the University.
- All Candidates to be considered must have registered FUPRE, as their first-choice Institution
- Prospective Candidates must duly undergo the FUPRE Post-UTME Screening Exercise in order to be considered eligible for admission into the University.
- All Applicants must be at least 16 years in the year of Application.
For Direct Entry (DE) 2023/2024 Students
If seeking Admission into the University through Direct Entry (DE), you must meet the following criteria to be considered for Admission to the University:
- All Candidates must obtain a minimum of 5 O’Level Credits (SSCE/GCE) obtained in no more than two sittings.
- Prospective Candidates must have passed two ‘A’ level/IJMB Subjects. The Subjects must relate to their intended field of Study
- Applicants must have obtained Passes in JUPEB/A subjects related to the intended field of Study to be considered for Admission into the University.
- Dependent upon your choice of course of study at the University, a degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in a related discipline may also be needed.
- All applicants must also have purchased the FUPRE Direct Entry Form from JAMB. They also must have been duly registered and made all requisite payments on the FUPRE Portal.
- Prospective Candidates must have passed the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma, or any other Advanced Certificate with a minimum of a merit pass
Frequently Asked Questions About FUPRE
Are part-time students eligible to participate in NYSC at FUPRE?
At FUPRE, Graduates of any Part-time academic Programmes are not eligible to undertake the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme.
How many years does it take to complete a distance learning Program at FUPRE?
FUPRE does not run any Distance Learning Programs at the moment.
What is FUPRE’s JAMB UTME 2023/2024 Cut Off Point?
The cut-off point for this Academic Session in FUPRE is 180.
Hence, every interested applicant who obtained a minimum score of 180 is eligible to apply for the Post-UTME Screening Exercise.
Does FUPRE accept two sittings?
The Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun accepts two sittings as part of its Admission Requirements. This implies that as an applicant for admission, you can use both WAEC and NECO Results during your application process to study at FUPRE.
Can a student take admitted to two colleges?
This is not accepted in FUPRE.
You are not permitted to run two different programs simultaneously in the Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun.
If you are found to be enrolled in two Academic programs at the university, both Academic programs will be terminated.
Does FUPRE do Post-UTME screening before Admission?
Yes, FUPRE conducts Post-UTME Screening as part of its requirements for admission into the University.
If you chose FUPRE as your first choice institution and obtained a minimum score of 180, then you are eligible to apply for the Post-UTME Screening when the registration portal is opened
What is the cost of school fees in FUPRE?
School Fees for students studying at the Federal University of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) is around N130,000 for new students. However, old students pay around N65,000 for fees.
School fee payment is carried out via the school’s official portal
Also, new students can visit the school’s official website for any updates or slight variations
Is FUPRE a University College or polytechnic?
The Institution is a recognized Petroleum University. It is the premier African Petroleum University and the sixth worldwide.
It is different from the Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun which is a Polytechnic.
What is the cost of FUPRE’s hostel fee?
Students who wish to reside in FUPRE’s accommodation (Hostel) are mandated to pay a non-refundable Hostel fee of N30,000.
This payment is made per student and is the current price for the 2023/2024 Academic Year.