FUKASHERE Admission Requirements and List Of Offered Courses in 2023/24… The Federal University, Kashere, more popularly known as FUKASHERE, is a Federal Government owned and run University situated in Gombe State, Nigeria.
The University which was recently opened is located in the small town of Kashere. Kashere is a town in the Akko Local Government Area of Gombe State.
The University was created in the year 2010 by the then President of Nigeria, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan being one of the nine Universities he created in the six geo-political zones of Nigeria.
The creation of the University was geared towards increased access to Education as well as the enforcement of Educational equity amongst all the Nigerian States.
The University currently runs six Faculties including the Science, Education, Humanities, Management Sciences, Social Sciences, Art, and Agriculture plus the Art and Social Sciences Faculties.
Appointed by the then-Nigerian Leader were Professor Mohammed Kabiru Farouk and Dr. Abubakar Aliyu Bafeto who were the University’s first Vice-Chancellor and Registrar respectively.
Federal University Kashere Admission Requirements And List Of All Courses Offered
Are you planning to enroll in an Academic program at FUKASHERE but do not know what options are open to you?
Are you also keen to know what the Admission Requirements are in order to get Admission into this relatively new yet prestigious university?
Read on to know more as this post seeks to outline the Courses and Programmes available for studies at the University. Also, this post would enlighten you about the Admission Requirements of this University.
Courses & Programmes Offered by The Federal University Kashere (FUKASHERE)
Below listed are all the Courses offered by FUKASHERE
- Agricultural Science And Education.
- Applied Geophysics.
- Arabic Studies.
- Business Administration.
- Christian Religious Studies.
- Computer Science.
- Economics And Development Studies.
- Education And Arabic.
- Education And Biology.
- Criminology And Security Studies.
- Education And Chemistry.
- Education And Computer Science.
- Education And Economics.
- Education And English Language.
- Guidance And Counselling.
- Education And Geography.
- Education And Hausa.
- History And Diplomatic Studies.
- Education And History.
- Education And Integrated Science.
- International Relations.
- Education And Mathematics.
- Education And Physics.
- English Language.
- Education And Political Science.
- Educational Administration And Planning.
- Islamic Studies.
- Library And Information Science.
- Mass Communication.
- Plant Science.
- Political Science.
- Procurement Management.
- Public Administration.
- Teacher Education Science.
Admission Requirements For Admission Into FUKASHERE
All Individuals seeking to pursue any of the available Programs at the Federal university Dutsin-Ma should meet the following requisite conditions.
For those seeking admission to FUKASHERE through JAMB UTME:
- A minimum of 5 O’Level Credits (SSCE/GCE) obtained in no more than two sittings.
- Selection of the correct course combination for the intended course of study during JAMB UTME Registration.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum score of 180 in the just concluded JAMB UTME Exams to be considered for Admission to the University.
- All Candidates to be considered must have registered FUKASHERE, as their first-choice Institution
- Prospective Candidates must duly undergo the FUKASHERE Post-UTME Screening Exercise in order to be considered eligible for admission into the University.
- All Applicants must be at least 16 years in the year of Application.
Note that FUKASHERE demands that you possess a Credit in Mathematics to be eligible to enroll in any of its Science Courses
For Direct Entry (DE) 2023/2024 Students
If seeking Admission into the University through Direct Entry (DE), you must meet the following criteria to be considered for Admission to the University:
- All Candidates must obtain a minimum of 5 O’Level Credits (SSCE/GCE) obtained in no more than two sittings.
- Prospective Candidates must have passed two ‘A’ level/IJMB Subjects. The Subjects must relate to their intended field of Study
- Applicants must have obtained Passes in JUPEB/A subjects related to the intended field of Study to be considered for Admission into the University.
- Dependent upon your choice of course of study at the University, a degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in a related discipline may also be needed.
- All applicants must also have purchased the FUKASHERE Direct Entry Form from JAMB. They also must have been duly registered and made all requisite payments on the FUKASHERE Portal.
- Prospective Candidates must have passed the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma, or any other Advanced Certificate with a minimum of a merit pass
Frequently Asked Questions
Is FUKASHERE conducting Post-UTME Screening in 2023?
The Federal University Kashere shall conduct Post-UTME Screening Exercise to screen and subsequently admit qualified Candidates as it usually does.
The Screening form goes for a non-refundable fee of N2,000
What is FUKASHERE’s cut-off point for 2023/2024?
The Governing Council of FUKASHERE has set the cut-off point at 150 for the current session.
As such, all Candidates who scored a minimum of 150 in the just concluded UTME Exams have met the cut-off point requirement of the University for Admission Consideration.
What is the cost of FUKASHERE Fees?
At Fukashere, Students who got admitted through UTME(JAMB) pay N36,000 for fees while Students who got admitted via Direct Entry(DE Students) pay N41,000 for fees.
However, note that these figures do not include the cost of personal study materials and other miscellaneous expenditures.
These figures are also subject to revision by the Management of the University
Does FUKASHERE accept second choice Admission Applications?
The Federal University, Kashere does not accept second-choice applications.
To be considered eligible for Admission consideration, ensure to make them your first choice Institution during your registration.
What is the cost of Acceptance Fees in FUKASHERE?
All newly admitted students at the Federal University, Kashere are required and mandated to pay compulsory and non-refundable acceptance fees.
The cost of this fee is N3,000 and applies only to newly admitted students (100L)
Does FUKASHERE offer Islamic Studies?
For Students who are keen on studying Islamic Studies, it is one of the offered courses at the Federal University, Kashere.
Under the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, it is a four-year course that leads to the award of Bachelor of Arts(B.A) in Islamic Studies
What is the Cost of Hostel Fees in FUKASHERE?
There is provision for Hostel accommodation to house Students who would love to reside on Campus in FUKASHERE.
However, such students are mandated to pay a fee of N20,000 to cover their accommodation on Campus.