In this article, we shall be feeding you all the necessary information about PENCOM’s 2023 Recruitment. This is due to popular demand that has been coming from our readers who would love to know about PENCOM recruitment and how to go about the Application process.
We are also going to look into the details of the Application requirements and how you can go about the application process for the PENCOM Recruitment for 2023.
Since this is a very competitive parastatal, we solicit that you kindly pay attention and read to the end so that you do not miss any important details regarding the application process or requirements.
But before that, we are going to first look into what PENCOM is and what role they play in Nigerian society.
What Is PENCOM?
PENCOM is the acronym for National Pension Commission.
Before the enforcement of the Pensions Reform Act in 2004, the Nigerian Pension System had been filled with numerous challenges.
These challenges often led to the late payment of pensions to deserving pensioners as the regulatory body usually complained of insufficient budgetary allowance on a federal scale.
In addition to inadequate pension allowances, there was also the issue of delays in the distribution of the allocated funds that were due to be paid to pensioners leading to various arrears that were owed as pension rights.
Conversely, in the private sector, several employees were not catered for by the pension schemes that were put in place by their employers due to insufficient funding and other forms of mismanagement.
Where the pension schemes were funded, there were always cases of various financial malpractices commonly carried out between the employers (fund managers) and the Pension Trustees.
As a result of the above-stated reasons, there was a reconsideration of the Nigerian Pension Ecosystem by the then-Nigerian President, President Olusegun Obasanjo.
This reconsideration led to the administration’s creation of pension reform in order to curb the eliminate the various challenges that were faced by the Pension Schemes at the time.
This resulted in the enactment of the Pension Reform Act into Law in 2004
PENCOM Recruitment Requirements
If you wish to apply for PENCOM’s 2023 Recruitment Exercise, you have to first know what the requirements are before you can proceed to apply.
Meeting these requirements would mean that you are qualified to proceed with the application and subsequent screening for PENCOM 2023 Recruitment.
These Requirements include:
- Any applicant that wishes to be considered for the PENCOM 2023 Recruitment Exercise must possess Nigeria citizenship by birth
- As an applicant, you must not be less than 18 years of age. However, you must not exceed 40 years old at the time of application.
- You must be medically and physically fit in addition to being free from any hard drugs or narcotics.
- You must possess a minimum of five (5) O’Level credits in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), General Certificate of Education (GCE), or National Examinations Council (NECO). However, note that possession of a credit in the English Language is compulsory for all candidates.
- Possession of an HND, B.Sc, or National Diploma Certificate from a related discipline from a government-approved and recognized higher institution of learning will be an added advantage.
- Possession of a valid means of identification is also compulsory if one must be considered during the course of the selection for the PENCOM 2023 Recruitment. Recognized documents of identification include either a National Identification Card, a valid driver’s license, a voters card, or an international passport.
All the above-listed requirements have to be intact before you begin your Application process. This means that if you have the above-listed requirements intact, then you are probably a step away from being among the successfully shortlisted candidates for the PENCOM 2023 Recruitment.
PENCOM 2023 Recruitment Portal
Now, we are going to address the question of whether the PENCOM Recruitment form is out or not.
Kindly be notified that the National Pension Commission (PENCOM) Recruitment exercise for 2023 has not yet commenced.
As such, the registration deadline and other details about the registration would be updated on our blog when the recruitment exercise commences.
How to Apply for the PENCOM Recruitment 2023/2024
- First, you are to visit the official registration portal of PENCOM at www.pencom.gov.ng
- Next, locate and click on the ‘Career’ tab on the page
- If you do not have an account with PENCOM yet, go ahead and create an account with them by signing up and providing all details required.
- Click on the available vacancies
- After that, read and follow all the instructions carefully
- Provide all required information accurately and verify them
- Finally, submit your application when done.
- After this, you would be required to await further instructions and feedback from PENCOM before you can proceed with the Screening Exercise.
Note that success at the Screening Exercise means that your name would be shortlisted as one of the successful applicants after which you can start your exciting career at PENCOM.
The purpose of writing this article is to give you access to all the necessary information that you need to be able to apply for PENCOM’s Recruitment in 2023.
Although the Recruitment Exercise is not currently ongoing, you can keep close tabs on our blog as we shall surely post any new updates that come up.
Also, the National Pension Commission (PENCOM) has strongly advised against paying money to fraudulent agents who claim that they can help you get employed at PENCOM as no payment is required throughout the PENCOM Recruitment Process.