The Federal Civil Service Commission, on behalf of the federal government of Nigeria, announces to the general public and all those interested in applying for the FCSC recruitment, that the application form is now out online for applicants.
Now let us take a cursory look at the application form properly. In this article, we will be looking at how you can get the application form, the application requirement criteria, different zonal offices you can get the application form, the states that can apply for the recruitment, and other vital information about the recruitment.
About the Federal Civil Service Commission
FCSC was first founded as The Federal Public Service Commission of Nigeria. It was established on April 1st, 1954, through the provision of section 174 of the Nigerian Order-in-Council, that is the 1954 constitution.
The Commission when it was first established acted as an advisory body with the sole responsibility of advising the Governor-General as at then. It was the 1956 amendment legislation that gave the commission the power to appoint, promote, transfer, second, dismiss, or otherwise discipline Officers of the said commission.
Much later as years passed by, the name of the commission was changed from Federal Public Service Commission to Federal Civil Service Commission. The change of its name was done under section 140(b) of the 1979 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The Public Service Commission was carved into the Nigerian constitution after independence in 1960. And it was saddled with the power to perform the following functions: appointments, promotion, and discipline of officers in the Public Service.
Vacancies exist in The Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) in the following MDAs:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Federal Ministry of Transport
- General of the Federation
- Federal Ministry of Education
- Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing
- General for the Federation
- Bureau of Public Procurement
- Office of the Auditor
- Federal Ministry of Information and Culture
- Federal Ministry of Labour & Productivity
- Office of the Surveyor
- Federal Ministry of Science and Technology
- Federal Ministry of Information and Culture
- Federal Ministry of Finance
States Involved in the FCSC Recruitment
The Federal Civil Service Commission recruitment as the implies is not recruitment done by a particular state, rather it involves all the states in Nigeria and those states that are eligible for this recruitment are:
|Taraba||Yobe||Zamfara & FCT|
FCSC Zonal Form Offices Nationwide
If you want to apply for the FCSC recruitment and you don’t want to use an online platform, you can also obtain your form from the various zonal offices and submit it there too after filling out the form. If that is the case, then you can obtain the application forms from the Chairmen of the States Civil Service Commissions within the Geo-political Zones. The different zones are listed here:
- North-West (Kaduna)
- North-East (Yola)
- South-East (Owerri) FCSC Recruitment
- South-South (Port Harcourt)
- South-West (Ibadan)
However, you can also reach out for the form at the national headquarters, 4 Abidjan Street, Wuse Zone 3, Abuja.
Federal Civil Service Recruitment General Requirements
If you have the intention of applying for the FCSC recruitment, the under-listed requirements are the criteria you must meet:
- Every interested applicant must be both physically and mentally fit
- Team spirit and excellent analytical skills are required from all applicants
- N.Y.S.C discharge certificate or exemption certificate is needed
- You must be able to experiment and try your hands at new things
- A minimum of Five Credits is accepted for SSCE and it should not be more than two sittings
- The following are accepted: West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE), National Examination Council (NECO), and General Certificate of Education (GCE).
- All applicants must have credit in English, it is compulsory
- You have to be free from or not be involved in any criminal activities in the past years
- Candidates with computer knowledge will be an added advantage
- The minimum age limit for every applicant interested in the FCSC recruitment is 35 years and below
- The commission will require your Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Applicants must possess good behavior and composure
- They should be able to work in a new environment
- Applicants should be able to meet deadlines for all their task
- Qualification is B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND certificate in any field of study from a recognized institution
- Any candidates discovered to have a bad criminal record will be disqualified
- It will be an added advantage to those who already had a basic knowledge of land transactions and land laws
- Those who have existing working experience will be an added advantage
- Applicants should be ready to meet deadlines in multiple-tasking environments
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are expected of all applicants
- All candidates are expected to have a valid identification card which could be National Identification Card, International passport, driver’s license, Voters card
Application Procedure for the Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment
Are you interested in applying for the FCSC recruitment follow the steps below:
- Log in to the FCSC official recruitment website at http://www.fedcivilservice.gov.ng/
- Click on Vacancies from the homepage
- Register an account
- Scroll down and choose the position you want to apply for
- Click on the ministry you want to apply
- Read carefully the job application requirements
- And after that click on “Apply Now”
- Enter all the necessary required information
- Then submit your application form after you have completed it
The commission will conduct a screening and examination for all shortlisted candidates, who made it successfully at the first phase of the recruitment. Also, every shortlisted candidate will receive an email from the commission.