How to Renew a Nursing License in Nigeria Using the Online Portal – https://licence.nmcn.gov.ng/.
Nursing is a branch of medicine that has to do with the care and administration of medical attention to individuals, groups, or society. This includes people that are sick, aged, disabled, etc.
It is a branch of medical sciences that deals extensively with care, educating persons about the dos and don’t of common health situations, and provision of advice, and emotional care to patients in need of it. Studying Nursing in Nigeria take a period of four years.
Nurses pass through different degree stages, the major three include the non-degree, the degree, and the advanced degree. apart from this, they are given a license of operation. this license certifies that they have fit to work in the field as a nurse.
There are different ways of renewing a nurse’s license, the license s usually renewed every three years and it is a legal condition that is stated in the constitution. Section 5 of the Amended decree 54 of 1988.
The license fee in Nigeria is currently thirteen thousand one hundred and twenty-five naira (13,125). The renewal is about ten thousand five hundred nairas (10,500). The licenses last for three years. It is also important to note that any nurse that fails to renew his or her license has a default fee of six thousand five hundred and sixty-two nairas (6,562) each year you omit payment.
It is also worth noting that the amount mentioned above is not static. it is subject to review at any given time.
As a nurse, you must always seek to know updates before proceeding to make a payment.
In this article, we will talk about how to renew your nursing license online.
How to Renew a Nursing License in Nigeria Using the Online Portal – https://licence.nmcn.gov.ng/
- Two passport photographs with a white background.
- An application form that is completed.
- An original certificate of registration that was given to you by the nursing council (Registration Certificate)
- Your certificate of attendance for the mandatory continuing professional development program (MCPDP)
- Your license renewal payment receipt and your license default payment receipt if you had defaulted in any year.
The online procedures include;
- Using your preferred browser log on to https://licence.nmcn.gov.ng/ and the interface will come up.
- in the interface you will find login or register, you register if that’s the first time you want to renew your license.
- After clicking the registration, a signup interface will pop up.
- The requirement for signing up includes your personal information ( your specialty, registration number typed out exactly as seen on your certificate, and your surname.
- You click on the send me code and a code will be sent to you.
- That will be used to verify your signup. Note that the phone number or email you used for registration is the number you will receive the code.
- After filling in the code, you click on submit.
- A username, and password will be sent to your email with a verification link
- Click on the verification link and enter the details needed (address, next of kin and employment details)
- The password is what you will be using to log in. You can change the password once you have access to the portal.
- Just after the nurses and midwife registration, you will find license renewal. click on it.
- Carefully fill in the dialog boxes, submitting scanned copies of documents where necessary.
- Click on the submit button. after submitting it the document is sent to the administrative server for verification.
- It will undergo some processes of examination.
- after your document has been verified and your application has met the required salification, your license renewal will be approved
- When the license is ready, you will be sent an email, message, or call as to the date, time, and venue of collection.
- You can make a request for it to be posted but you will pay the charges, you can also request for a soft copy.
Renewing a nursing license has a legal backup. that is to say, It is mandatory for all nurses. a nurse who has a degree and an expired license is eligible to register.
Also, you have to be sure that the information filled in is accurate to avoid a longer processing period.
we have the headquarters of the Nursing and MIdwifery council of Nigeria in Abuja at plot 713, Cadastral Zone Life CAmp GWarinpa, or you call them on 070 2923 4588.
It is also important to note that you pay a penalty fee every year you skipped without renewing your license.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the full meaning of NMC?
The full meaning of NMC is Nursing and Midwifery Council.
What is the actual cost of renewing a nursing license?
The current amount of renewing a nursing license is Ten Thousand Five Hundred Naira.
What is the amount for getting a license in nursing.?
the total amount you will pay to obtain a license in Nigeria is Thirteen Thousand, One Hundred and Twenty-five Naira.
Can I make an online payment?
Yes, you can, you get to the portal, either through a bank card or a transfer. you have to generate a Remita number and use that number for payment.
How can I receive a code?
If the code hasn’t been sent to you after filling in your email and contact, you now have to go to the NMCM support team and drop them a mail. your message or mail will be responded to within 24 hours. You will follow the instructions given to you so as to get your code.
What is the actual duration of the license renewal?
Your application should take a period of one (1) or two (2) weeks at most to be approved. the processing and collection of the renewed license take about a month.
Recommendation for You
- NIMC Mobile App: How To Download And Print National ID Card Online
- Lists of All Electricity Distribution Companies in Nigeria: Their Locations, Websites, Emails, and Phone Numbers
- Access Bank New USSD Code *710# for Mobile Transactions (Latest Update)
- Which state is the richest in Nigeria?
- List of Accredited Foreign Language Training Centres in Nigeria