How to Create a WhatsApp Channel – Today I will be discussing with you how you can create a WhatsApp channel. This includes how to create WhatsApp channels, on Android phones, iOS, and browsers too.
In the course of this post, I will discuss with you how you can create a WhatsApp channel and the channels that you can join.
So if you are interested in knowing how to create a WhatsApp channel with any device, then stay put and read through this article to the end, for full details.
Whatsapp is a chatting or messaging app that is used by people to send and receive messages with people they know or love, whatever the case may be.
WhatsApp is a free, multiplatform messaging app, with over 2 billion active users.
It can be a private one-on-one chat or a group chat that lets you share information such as messages, photos, videos, and documents across mobile and desktop., amongst other interesting features.
However, since our topic of concentration today is on the WhatsApp Channel feature, I will therefore have to explain to you, what the WhatsApp channel is all about, and how it works, before we move to showing you how to create a WhatsApp channel all by yourself.
What is ‘WhatsApp Channel’ All About?
WhatApp channels are a one-way broadcast tool, that is used by admins to send text, photos, videos, stickers, and polls, to recipients.
So that users may be able to select channels that they like, the management of WhatsApp is creating a searchable directory that will help users find their hobbies, sports teams, updates from local officials, etc.
Having said that, it is pertinent for users to know that WhatsApp channels have rules and regulations and any user who violates the rules will be sanctioned accordingly.
Nonetheless, before we proceed to the WhatsApp channel-creating processes, let’s take a look at the lists of WhatsApp features that people are using on a daily basis.
Main Features of WhatsApp
Whatsapp has so many features, and here I will be showing some of the main features that are very relevant, and of course that people are using on a daily basis:
- Voice and video calls = You can use your WhatsApp to make voice or video calls
- Voice messaging = You can also use your WhatsApp to record messages and send them to those you want to, whether an individual or a group of people.
- Secure messaging = WhatsApp uses end-to-end encryption standards that enable users to read the messages
- Photos and video sharing = Another thing you can do is you can share photos or videos with people.
- Document sharing = You can also send or share documents with others. Documents can be shared in the form of spreadsheets, PDFs Slideshows, etc.
- Desktop access = Those who are using the laptop can also use WhatsApp on their system.
- WhatsApp Business = There is also a business account, whereby entrepreneurs and businessminded persons can use to promote and showcase their products.
Steps in creating WhatsApp Channel on Android
Like I said in the beginning, I will be showing you how to create a WhatsApp channel on different devices, and the one that I want to start with right now, is how to create a WhatsApp channel for an Android phone.
To create a WhatsApp channel for an Android phone, here are the steps you can follow;
On your Android device,
Open your WhatsApp (Business) App,
Move to the Updates tab.
Tap the “plus” icon,
Select New channel.
Click Continue to continue
- Add the name of the channel, so that the setup can be complete
- When you are done setting up your channel, then you are ready to use it.
Steps in Creating a Whatsapp channel on iOS
I have shown you how you can create a WhatsApp channel with your Android, now it is time to look at how you can create a WhatsApp channel using iOS.
Here I will also use steps to guide you, so you can easily understand it. The following steps will help you:
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to the Updates tab
- Scroll to the bottom
- You see the Channels section.
- Click on the Plus icon
- Tap Create Channel.
Read and press Continue.
- Choose the Channel icon
- Take a picture from the camera
- Upload your picture from any file you like
- Better still you can choose emojis and stickers
- Type a Channel name
- Give a description of the channel
- Tap on Create channel.
- Immediately you tap Create your channel, it is set for use.
- How to Edit Chats On WhatsApp 2023 | Latest Update
- How to Create Threads Account: Step-by-Step Download and Sign up Guide – https://www.threads.net/
Steps in Creating a WhatsApp Channel in your browser
The last thing I will teach you how to create a WhatsApp channel with is on your browser.
To create a channel on your browser, here are the steps to follow;
Open WhatsApp Web in your browser,
Move to Channels
Click the Channels icon
- Click the “plus” symbol,
- And then > Create channel.
- Click Get Started,
- And continue with the instructions
Add a channel name
NOTE; Finish setting up your channel.
If you would like to change your name, you can do so whenever you want to.
- Customize your channel
- You can start to customize your channel
- To this, add a description and icon to it.
Ensure that the description is in a few words, so that followers can understand what your channel is about, and the content they are expecting from you.
You can use an emoji, a sticker, or an image, in the place of the image. You can either upload an image if you like.
Whatsapp Channels to Join
What are the top Whatsapp channels that one can join? You can join some top WhatsApp channels like the following:
Entertainment and Sports:
This includes things like the Indian Cricket Team, WWE, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City, Liverpool, ICC, and more.
This includes Star Sports India, Aaj Tak, and more.
The Times of India, and The New York Times, are the print media you can also join.
One of the public figures you can join is Narendra Modi.
Can I also delete my channel?
If you like you can delete your channel. It is left for you to do so.
How can I delete my channel?
If you are having an issue with your channel or just don’t want to continue with the channel, you can delete it by going to the details section, you will find delete at the foot of your channel.
Authenticate yourself, by clicking and sharing your phone number and email ID, then your channel will be deleted successfully.
How can I share an update after creating a channel?
You can share an update to your channel, by using your link, and this is how you share the link:
- Click on the icon of the channel
- The channel will open
- Click your channel,
- And then your channel name.
- Click the Copy link.
Thank you for reading this post on How to Create a WhatsApp channel. I am sure that by now you will be able to create your channel whether on iOS, Android, or browser.