Did you apply to study in any of the Nigerian universities, and you don’t know if JAMB has offered you admission to your most preferred university, polytechnic, college of education, or other higher institutions via the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) portal or are you confused about how to check your admission status on the JAMB official portal?
If yes, then follow the steps below to check your admission status on the JAMB portal with ease. Remember, checking your admission status on the JAMB portal is totally FREE!
Here in this post, you will get a step-by-step guide on how to check your JAMB admission status all by yourself without the assistance of a third party.
What is Admission Status?
The admission status is a relative standing or position of a prospective university student, with respect to admission. The status can be Admitted, Admission in Progress, or Not Admitted.
How to Check JAMB Admission Status 2022/2023
To check your JAMB admission status follow the five (5) simple steps outlined below:
- Step 1: Visit the JAMB E-Facility portal https://www.jamb.gov.ng/
- Step 2: log in to JAMB Portal with your username and password.
- Step 3: Click on the “Check Admission Status” tab.
- Step 4: Select your exam year and enter your registration number in the appropriate columns.
- Step 5: Lastly, click on the “Admission Status” button to confirm your admission status.
Note: Below is the kinds of results you may get from JAMB:
- Congratulations you have been offered provisional admission: you can now proceed to accept or reject the admission offer.
- Admission in progress: This means that your admission has been considered but still undergoing the process of full admission. So, keep checking or check back time after time.
- Not admitted: this response means you are yet to be considered for admission. However, you can also be checking the site often, if any changes occur to your admission status.
- Transfer of admission: transfer of admission means that your school wants to transfer you to another programme. Based on JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) policy, institutions have the right to consider some students for transfer from their chosen programme to another programme, based on UTME or O ‘Level combinations. However, candidates are advised to monitor their admission by clicking the transfer approval link to know if they have been recommended for transfer to another programme. And you have to either accept or reject the transfer, whichever way.
How to Accept or Reject Admission
Immediately you confirm that you have been offered admission to your choice of institution and programme. The next thing is for you to log into the JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS), to either accept or reject the admission offer. And this has to be done quickly because you can lose your admission if you fail to accept before the deadline expires. The question is how do you accept or reject the admission?
Below is how you can go about it;
- Log into the JAMB website.
- Click on check admission status.
- Proceed to access my CAPS option.
- Click the admission status button.
- Then click on accept or reject.
- If you click on accept, a new page will come up requesting you to confirm your decision.
- Click on yes, a message will appear, that reads “ your choice has been successfully processed. Meaning that you have accepted your admission offer.
- But if you click reject, a page will also appear asking why you reject the admission offer.
- Point out your reasons from the drop-down list and click submit.
- Then you will receive a notification that your request has been forwarded for approval.
- Once the request is approved, a notification will be sent to you to that effect.
Forgot Your JAMB Registration Number? See How to Retrieve
Have you forgotten your registration number? You can retrieve it after validation of the pin and serial number using either username, first name, middle name, state of origin, or even date of birth.
Alternative Means to Check Admission Status Via SMS
For those who don’t have access to a computer or internet services, you can also check your JAMB admission status through the use of SMS with your mobile phones. Using your mobile phone to check your admission status through an SMS will cost you the sum of N50.
Requirement for Checking JAMB Admission Status via SMS
- A functional phone. Android, iPhone, and others.
- Use the SIM you used to get the JAMB profile code during UTME/DE registration.
- Ensure the phone can send an SMS.
- You should have at least N50 on your balance.
How to Check Admission Status via SMS
To check your admission status via SMS, follow the steps:
- Go to the message on your phone.
- Type ”STATUS 2022” using the SIM used for the JAMB registration and send it to 55019 or 66019.
- A confirmation message will be sent to your phone.
- This message will state if you are offered admission or not. If admitted, your name, institution, and course of study will appear on the screen. But if not admitted, never worry, you still have more chances, so stay positive.
Reasons Why You May Not Receive Your Result Via SMS
Unrecognized SIM: you used an unrecognized SIM. The SIM you used is not the one used during your JAMB registration.
Your Result is Withheld: maybe you were caught in misbehavior during the JAMB examination, and that resulted in your result being withheld.
FAQS on How to Check JAMB Admission Status
Can I use my JAMB registration number to check my admission status?
No! There is no such provision. To check your admission status, you need your username and password, or through an SMS admission status method which I have discussed with you earlier.
Can I Check my admission status on the phone?
Yes! You can check your JAMB admission status with your android phone, iPhone and other functional phones. By texting for example “STATUS 2022” to 55019. Also, ensure you have at least N50 on your phone.
How do I know if I have been offered admission?
You will receive an SMS notification, and an Email notification from your school or JAMB, and you can also check the school or JAMB website, to confirm your admission.
Please do not hesitate to drop us your comments. For more information on JAMB Admission Status, feel free to ask us any question that you feel we can help with. we are always at your service 24⁄7