Today, our focus will be on the WAEC and JAMB subjects combination for students who want to study Urban and regional planning as a course.
So are you interested in k knowing the WAEC and JAMB subject combination for this aforementioned course? This article has full details about that for you.
More so, you will get to know not just the WAEC and JAMB subjects combination from this post, rather, you will know about the requirements for admission and other things that the course is all about.
Meanwhile, let us see what subject combination is all about before I dive into the work properly.
What is the subject combination?
This is the process of selecting the right subjects both in the SSCE and in JAMB, that match the course that a candidate wants to study in the university. Sometimes subjects can be wrongly chosen by a candidate.
Now that you know what subject combination means in this particular contest, let us move down to the general overview of urban planning as a course of study at the University.
About Urban and Regional Planning as a Course
To start with, what is the meaning of urban and regional planning? This is a systematical way of designing and planning for the future in a way that will life better and a better planet for people to live in.
Urban and Regional Planning is a course that is studied at the university, just like every other course.
The course is made up of an interdisciplinary field that involves both urban design and urban planning, using a top-down methodology for guiding the physical growth of human settlements.
The course will train students with different skills that will enable them to become professionals in the field, such skills include:
- Verbal and written communication
- Information Technology
- Negotiation and mediation
- Impartiality and diplomacy
- General, time, and people management
Urban and Regional Planning Subjects Combination for WAEC and JAMB
Considering the focus of this post, which is the WAEC and JAMB subject combination for the study of urban and regional planning, I would like to use this opportunity to discuss the subject combination for the above two one after the other.
WAEC Subjects Combination for Urban and Regional Planning
What is the WAEC subject combination in this regard? This means those selected subjects that a student who wants to study urban and regional planning should include in his or her list of subjects to be written in their SSCE.
So if a student is to study urban and regional planning at the University, what are the subjects that will make a good combination for the course?
The subject combination for WAEC are:
- And another relevant subject
JAMB Subjects Combination for Urban and Regional Planning
What is the JAMB UTME subject combination for urban and regional planning? JAMB UTME subjects combination refers to the selected subjects that a student who wants to study urban and regional planning should include in his or her list of subjects to be written in their SSCE.
How many subjects will make the list of the subjects combined for urban and regional planning?
JAMB UTME complete subject combination for those who want to study urban and regional planning in Nigeria are four, and the subject combination will include the following:
- English Language
- One of Physics, Chemistry, or Economics
Admission Requirements for Urban and Regional Planning Studies
DE Admission Requirement for Urban & Regional Planning:
The requirements that students applying for this course need to meet, for them to be given admission are:
- Five credits from your O’Level results
- Two (2) A-Level passes, Geography and Mathematics inclusive
- Must have ND/HND upper credit in Town Planning
- Other related programs are also accepted.
UTME Requirement for Urban And Regional Planning:
In the same vein, those that want to gain admission to study urban and regional planning, through the Unified Tertiary Examination are to meet these requirements:
- They must have Five (5) SSC credit passes, of which English Language and mathematics are compulsory.
- Geography, and any two (2) of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Art, Social Studies, and Tech Drawing, can be selected alongside.
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Forensic Science (2024 Update)
- UI Post Utme Subject Combinations for UI Post-UTME Screening
Career Areas for Graduates of urban and regional planning
What are the career areas, that graduates of this course can take, as a job?
- Urban Planner
- Regional Planner
- City Planner
- Land Use Planner
- Transportation Planner
- Environmental Planner
- Economic Development Specialist
- Zoning Analyst
- Housing Planner
- Community Development Coordinator
- Historic Preservation Planner
- Urban Designer
- Landscape Planner
- Real Estate Developer with Planning Focus
- Sustainability Consultant
- Policy Analyst in Urban Issues
- Nonprofit Organization Program Manager
- GIS Analyst with Urban Planning Focus
- Government Planning Officer
- Urban Researcher
How many years does it take to study urban and regional planning?
Candidates who are seeking admission to study urban and regional planning will spend four years in school before they can complete their studies.
What are the Universities that offer urban and regional planning in Nigeria?
Here are the institutions that offer urban and regional planning in Nigerian universities.
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Anambra State University, Uli
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu
- Crawford University, Faith City,
- Crescent University, Abeokuta
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology,
- Federal University Of Technology Minna
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
- Osun State University, Osogbo
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University Of Jos, Jos
- University Of Lagos
- The University Of Nigeria Nsukka
- University Of Uyo
Now that you know the right subject combination, it is incumbent on you to ensure that your WAEC and JAMB subject combination is accurate. Thank you for reading the article.