WAEC and JAMB Subjects Combination for Medical Laboratory Science – In today’s article, our focus will be anchored on the subject combination for candidates who want to study soil science at the University.
The main concern for this article today is on the right subject combination for WAEC and JAMB, no doubt, but I will also provide you with other important information that will help you in your pursuit of admission.
These include admission requirements that candidates must have to be considered for admission, the skills and job/career opportunities that are open for candidates to apply for a job, after graduation.
To this end, if you are interested in this post, which I know you are, then read this article for details of this and more on this topic.
By the way, what does subject combination mean to you? That is where we will take off this post, by trying to answer the question.
What is the subject combination?
The subject combination may mean different things to different people, all depending on the context that they are being looked at, however, in the context of medical and laboratory science, which is our major focus today, I will define it as the right selection of subject that will best suit the course that a student wants to study in the University of their choice.
Meanwhile, our discussion of subject combination will be tailored towards having the right JAMB and WASSCE/SSCE, which will be accepted by the Universities that students have chosen to study their desired courses.
The subject combination should indeed be the same for all Universities in Nigeria, but unfortunately, some schools accept certain subjects that others don’t, and this has made it difficult for all the universities to have a unified acceptable subject combination, in that case, students are advised to check the subjects that their institution accept, especially for JAMB UTME.
About Medical Laboratory Science as a Course
Medical Laboratory Science is a health profession that provides diagnostic services that help medical specialists discover diseases and how to treat them.
In another way, they are medical specialists who take samples of patients, conduct tests, bring out the test results, interpret and the effects of the test results. Examples of the test results carried out by the medical laboratories are Urinalysis, complete blood count, Lipid panel, and Prothrombin Time.
Some of the diagnostic services that they provide include:
- Critical chemical,
- Bacteriological analyses on blood.
WAEC and JAMB Subjects Combination for Medical Laboratory Science
It is now time for me guys, to enter into the main reason why this article was brought here. I know that you have been waiting for this particular moment so that you can be sure of the subjects you are to choose for either WAEC or JAMB.
The Medical Laboratory Science, subjects combination will be looked at one after the other, all the subjects for JAMB and WAEC will be listed under each of them, after a brief explanation of what they mean, in this order:
- WAEC Subjects Combination for Medical Laboratory Science
- UTME Subjects Combination for Medical Laboratory Science
WAEC Subjects Combination for Medical Laboratory Science
If you want to study Medical Laboratory Science as a course at the University, then you must ensure that you choose the best-suited subjects for the course when you are registering for your West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination. That is the first and most important step to take for the success of your academic journey.
During your WASSCE registration, you are to register and sit for the following subjects combination that is listed below, if your dream is to become a Medical Laboratory Science graduate, they are
- English Language.
- Agric Science,
- And other Science subjects.
UTME Subjects Combination for Medical Laboratory Science
Or the JAMB UTME, if you want to study Medical Laboratory Science as a course in the University, then you must ensure that you choose the best-suited subjects for the course when you are registering for your Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examination. Your successful academic journey for a laboratory science degree begins with this.
So when you are applying for your JAMB UTME, ensure that you register and sit for the following subjects combination that is listed below, if your dream is to become a Medical Laboratory Science graduate, they are
1 Use of English
- Urban and Regional Planning Subjects Combination for WAEC and JAMB (2024)
- 2024 WAEC and JAMB Subjects Combination for Architecture (UPDATED)
UTME Admission Requirement Medical Laboratory Science
Medical Laboratory Science candidates who are applying for admission through JAMB UTME are expected to meet the admission requirements of the school for Medical Laboratory Science, the following are the requirements for direct entry students:
- UTME candidates must obtain five credit passes
- English, Mathematics, and Chemistry should be included
Direct Entry Requirement for Medical Laboratory Science
Medical Laboratory Science candidates who want to gain admission and read the said course, are expected to meet the admission requirements of the school for Medical Laboratory Science, the following are the requirements for direct entry students:
- Five credits from your O’Level results
- Two (2) Level passes
- Mathematics/Physics, Chemistry, inclusive
- ND/HND upper credits in relevant field
Is Mathematics part of the compulsory subject combination for JAMB UTME?
There are three compulsory subject combinations for JAMB UTME, but Mathematics is not part of the compulsory subjects.
What is the study period for Medical Laboratory Science in Nigeria?
Medical Laboratory Science students will learn the course for complete 7 years before they are qualified, but one thing you should know is that the 7 years consist of 5 years for studies, 1 year for internship, and 1 year for NYSC.
Which University in Nigeria, offers Medical Laboratory Sciences
Medical Laboratory Science is a popular course in Nigeria and the world at large, and as such almost every University offers the course if not all. However, the following Universities in Nigeria offer Medical Laboratory Sciences in their various institutions:
- University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus (UNN)
- University of Lagos, Akoka (UNILAG)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, (UNIZIK)
- Bayero University, Kano (BUK).
- University of Benin, Ugbowo (UNIBEN)
- University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Jos, Jos (UNIJOS)
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan (UI)
- Federal University Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE)
- Federal University Lafia (FULAFIA)
- Ahmadu Bello University Zaria (ABU)
- Kwara State University,
- Osun State University,
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TSU)
- Bayelsa Medical University, Yenagoa (BMU)
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers state
- Igbenedion University, Okada, Edo state
- Babcock University, Ogun state
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-ekiti
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo state
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Nok University, Kachia, Kaduna Stat
- Rhema University, AbaMalete (KWASU).
- Rivers State University, Portharcourt (RSU).
- Edo University, Iyamho.
- Niger Delta University, Bayelsa state
- Ladoke Akintola Univesity, Oyo state
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Abia State University, Uturu (ABSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki (EBSU)
- Kaduna State University (KASU)
- Thomas Adewumi University, Kwara State
- Trinity University, Yaba, Lagos State
- Wellspring University, Edo State
WAEC and JAMB Subjects Combination for Medical Laboratory Sciences is a prerequisite step for you to accomplish your academic pursuit, so take a step now with the information at your disposal.