UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission Application Form; Are you an aspirant of the University of Ilorin, who is looking forward to fostering your postgraduate student at the school? If yes, then this information is for you.
It’ll interest you to know that the management of the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) postgraduate programs is at the moment accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its 2023 academic session postgraduate studies.
It will also interest you to know that the school has added some more postgraduate programs for aspirants to choose from.
So, if that has always been your dream, then you are on the right page…
On this page, I won’t only show you how to apply for the school PGD admission, but I will also bring to your notice the amount payable as the application fee, lists of programs available, alongside eligibility criteria/requirements. So, just keep reading to learn more…
How Much are UNILORIN Postgraduate Application Fees
Upon releasing this information to the general public, the management of the University of Ilorin states that the amount payable by applicants for the school postgraduate admission form is 25,000 naira for domestic applicants (within Nigeria) and about $200 dollars for applicants from other countries (International students).
So, that’s the application fee amount for UNILORIN PGD admission. Let’s move to know the programmes that are available for PGD studies at the school.
- Gboko Poly Admission Requirements And Courses Offered
- Covenant Polytechnic Admission Requirements And Courses Offered
How Many Postgraduate Programmes are Offered at UNILORIN
As of the time of this publication, the University of Illorin postgraduate Studies is made of 5 programmes, which include but are not limited to;
- Ph.D. Degree Programmes
- M.Phil. Degree Programmes
- M.Phil./Ph. D. Degree Programmes
- M.Phil. Degree Programmes
- Master Degree Programmes
1. Ph.D. Degree Programmes
The PhD programme at UNILORIN is for M.A; M.Ed.; M.Eng.; M.Sc.; LL.M; and M.P.H degrees holders who during their Master degree programmes, went home with at least 60% score or 4 points on a 5 points GPA scale.
This programme lasts for a period of 36-60 calendar months for full-time candidates.
Theisis is usually required at the end of the programme, and relevant courses will be taken.
2. M.Phil. Degree Programmes
This programme is for candidates who score 50.00 and 54.99 per cent or 3.00 – 3.49 GPA score on a 5-point scale.
M.Phil degree Program last for about 18 calendar months and a maximum of 24 calendar months.
At the end of this programme, a dissertation will be required.
3. M.Phil./Ph. D. Degree Programmes
If you are a degree holder who scored 55.00 and 59.99 per cent or a 3.50 – 3.99 GPA score on a 5-point scale, with the quest to further your PGD programme at UNILORIN, then you can consider applying for this particular program.
The duration for this programme is about 1 year and a maximum of 2 years.
Howbeit, it’s quite pertinent to note that after your research work, you will have to produce a dissertation.
4. Postgraduate Diploma Degree Programmes
This particular programme is made available for applicants who have a Third Class (honours) degree.
5. Master’s Degree Programmes
With a duration of 18 calendar months and a maximum of 24 calendar months for full-time candidates, it’s pertinent to know that coursework and a dissertation are required at the end of the programme.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission in 2023
Applicants are required to have met the following;
- 5 O/L Credit passes in the relevant subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Submit your application forms online, along with the scanned copies of your credentials
- Ensure to apply early for your official Bachelor’s degree transcript to be sent to the Head of the Department where the admission is being sought, before the deadline.
- Have an NYSC Discharge Certificate OR Exemption Certificate that’s updated and presented on or before September 30, 2023.
- Applicant should note that all entry certificate requirements shall be available at the point of application
How to Apply for UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission
Application is done online through the school-provided official portal; https://uilpgportal.unilorin.edu.ng/pg_app.php
So, visit the site to get started with your application.
- Crown Poly Admission Requirements And Courses Offered (2023)
- Enville Poly Admission Requirements And Courses Offered (2023)
UNILORIN Postgraduate Deadlines
Application Closing date: Friday, 23rd June 202
Deadline for collecting of receipt of supporting documents: Friday, 7th July 2023
NOTE: After application, successfully selected applicants would be notified via their UNILORIN application portal, and the qualifying examination will take place on Saturday, 8th July 2023.
Please, ensure that the phone number and email address you’ll provide are accurate and active, for further communications.
Take Note of These Important Items:
- Candidates are advised for their own good, to choose only from courses that are advertised for the session. That means that courses that are not advertised are not offered by the school for that session.
- it is important for candidates to print out the advertisement, and carefully study it as a guide before they proceed with their application
- On no account shall candidates hold the school accountable for their mistakes or wrongs made in the course of the application.
- POSTGRADUATE candidates are made to understand that their academic session will span for 12 months from the day of commencement to the date of their finishing, that is the oncoming year. It is also worth noting that the 12 months of the calendar year begin counting automatically from the day of the postgraduate’s registration.
- Candidates are also made to know that every program will come to an end immediately after the prescribed date of expiration for the program reaches or elapses. However, candidates who have a need for an extension may do so, but will not be more than 6 months extension, and this is subject to not more than two months of such extension.
Now you have all the information that you need for you to apply for your postgraduate studies at the University of Ilorin. we told you how much you are to pay as your application fee, the procedures for application, eligibility requirements criteria and the deadline for application. That is where we will stop for today, and I am sure that you do not have any challenges, but if you have any please contact us, we are always there for you.