How Much is UK Students Visa in Nigeria?: Do you want to study in the United Kingdom? Studying in the United Kingdom can be very expensive if you are not traveling on a scholarship. Because of that, you have to find out how much a UK student visa in Nigeria costs.
A large number of students are longing to travel to the United Kingdom for their studies. And the United Kingdom Office for National Statistics has stated that they receive about two hundred and fifty thousand (N250,000). Nigerian who apply to stay in the United Kingdom.
UK Visa Fees Categories in Nigeria
There are different categories of UK visa fees in Nigerian Naira:
- UK Study Visa Fees
- UK Visit Visa Fees
- UK Join Family Visa Fees
- UK Work Visa Fees
- UK Settlement Visa Fees
UK Student Study Visa Fees
This table shows the UK student’s study visa fees for those who are studying or intend to study in the United Kingdom at different levels of education.
|UK Study Visa||Visa Application Fee ($)||Visa Application Fee (₦)|
|Student – main applicant and dependents||$485||₦202,967.65|
|Short-term study visa||$259||₦108,388.91|
|Parents of children at school||$718||₦300,475.82|
|Tier 4 – Isle of Man (Point-Based system)||$485||₦202,967.65|
|EC as a student at Gurnsey and Jersey||$485||₦202,967.65|
UK Student Visa Types
There different UK study visa you can apply for if you are a student, who wants to study in the UK. There are three types of them that you can apply for. you can apply for any of the following, as a student:
- Short-term study visa
- Student visa
- Child Student visa
- Number one is the Student Visa for higher education study programs. This is the type of UK student visa that includes Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctorate degree programs.
- The second type of UK student visa is the Child Student Visa. This is a UK study visa, which allows minors to study at UK independent schools.
- The last type of UK study visa is the Short-term Study Visa: This is a visa that is granted to students for learning English, and it takes about six to eleven months period.
UK Student Visa Fee in Nigeria
- The UK fee for the Student Visa: if you are a prospective student studying in the UK, you are to pay $485 for your UK visa fee, the equivalent of the aforementioned amount is N252,705.66 in Nigerian currency.
- The UK fee for the Child Student Visa: if you are intending to study in the UK, as a child student, you are to pay $485, for your UK visa fee, the equivalent of the aforementioned amount is 252,705.66 in Nigerian currency.
- The UK fee for the Short-term Study Visa: if you are a prospective student to study in the UK, for short-term study, you are to pay $259, for your UK visa fee, the equivalent of the aforementioned amount is 134,950.03 in Nigerian currency.
UK Study Visa Processing Period
If you are intending to apply or have applied for a UK visa for your studies, it will take some time for the visa to be processed. So if you are applying to study in the UK, your visa processing period will take like three weeks before it will be complete, but it all depends on the type or category of visa you are applying for.
UK Student Visa Requirements/Documents
Every student who wants to acquire a UK student visa has to meet some requirements or present a document that will qualify him or her for the visa. The UK Student Visa requires that you have:
- An offer letter of acceptance, which is also known as a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), the letter is to be offered to you by your education provider.
- Every student must provide evidence for sufficient that will support them throughout their study period.
- Another requirement that students must possess is the ability to read, write speak fluently and understand English very well.
- If you are 16 or 17, you have to show proof of parents’ consent
- Tuberculosis Test Results.
- You must have a current Passport photograph
- If you are under 18, you have to show Proof of your relationship to your parent or guardian
- If your course demands it, you will required of a Valid Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate.
UK Student Visa Financial Requirements
Students should prove that they possess enough funds to support their living expenses.
- if they choose to live in London, they must have at least 1334 Euro per month (for complete nine months).
- If they choose to live outside London, they must have at least 1023 Euro per month (for complete nine months).
UK Student Visa Process
You should start your Student Visa process at least six months before the course starts, as much as you are sure of your destination. When all is said and done, these then are the processes you should follow in applying for your student visa:
- The first thing to do is for you to apply for your dream course at any UK university of your choice.
- You have to wait for the confirmation letter of acceptance, from the education provider.
- When the UK Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), has been sent to you, you can then apply for your UK Student Visa Online or Offline.
- Visit the UK’s Immigration and Visa website, if you want to apply online
- Visit your country’s UK Embassy and Consulate office, if you want to apply offline, there, you will be asked to fill out the UK Student Visa application form.
- Pay the UK Student Visa application fee, after filling out the form
- Get all your documents ready.
- A valid passport.
- Academic transcripts.
- Get your Academic Transcripts ready, and must be in English,
- Proof of Finances – Personal Bank Statements or Official Financial Sponsorship Letters.
- Consent letter from the government if sponsored by the government
- Students should get consent from their parents to use the money if the funds are under their parents’ names.
- Students should provide proof of their relationship with their parents, via the use of Birth certificates or Adoption Certificates
- Score certificate of English Language proficiency test.
- Police Registration Certificate
- Biometric Test
That’s all we can take on the amount of money that’s required from a Nigerian who wishes to further their education abroad in the UK as the VISA FEE, alongside other vital information that’s worth knowing about the UK STUDENT VISA.