We have got this important information and decided to bring it to the k knowledge of the people so that those whose courses may fall under this scholarship will benefit from the opportunity.
So if you want to know of those courses that are offered at the University of The People that you can apply for without paying any tuition fee of any sort, then read this article to get the whole gist.
The university is of the opinion that everybody should have the chance to attain higher education, but due to financial barriers most people do not, and that is the gap the school is here to fill.
In fact, for students who can’t afford even our low fees, there are scholarships available for them, but it is on a first-come, first-served basis. click here to learn more about the scholarship.
Brief About The University of The People
The University of The People is a higher institution in America. This an institution that serves as the first non-profit, tuition-free, American, accredited university. Its major goal is to help low-income earners who have an interest in furthering their education to have access to higher education globally.
UNESCO’s reports state that according to its estimates, there will be close to 100 million young people who will find it difficult to locate a seat in traditional universities, in the coming year, says 2025.
However, helping high school graduates overcome financial, geographic, political, and other personal constraints from being a barrier to their college studies is the major aim of the university.
The university was founded in 2009, but its accreditation came in February 2014. The University of the People’s Arabic counterpart was launched in 2020, still with the same mission of a tuition-free education pursuit.
Not less than 126,000 students from over 200 countries and territories have enrolled in the University of the People. And over 16,500 of these students are refugees.
Because the universities believe that higher education is a basic right for young people and which will also help to promote world peace and global economic development, it is why, the university is committed to providing those young people with a quality higher education that is tuition-free.
What Is Tuition-free?
But before we proceed, what do you understand as tuition-free/ Tuition-free means that the University of the People, doesn’t charge students for taking courses, it also doesn’t charge students to enroll, or to pay for other course materials like books or campus fees.
10 Best Tuition-Free Degrees at the University of The People
If you want to do courses at the University of the People, it is essential that you know the courses that they offer, because the university does not offer all the courses. So, to that effect, below are the ten best tuition-free degrees at the University of The People.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
The University of the People offers bachelor’s degree programs in Business Administration,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
The University of the People offers bachelor’s degree programs in Computer Science
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science
The University of the People offers bachelor’s degree programs in Health Science
- Master’s of Business Administration
The University of the People offers master’s degree programs in Business Administration.
- Master’s of Information Technology
The University of the People offers master’s degree programs in Information Technology.
- Master’s in Education
The University of the People offers master’s degree programs in Education.
- Associate Degrees in Business Administration
The University of the People offers associate degree programs in Business Administration,
- Associate Degrees in Computer Science
The University of the People offers Associate Degree programs in Computer Science
- Associate Degrees in Health Science
The University of the People offers Associate Degree programs in Health Science
- Non-Degrees Programs in English (i.e as a Second Language)
The University offers non-Degree programs in English as a second language.
NOTE: The University of the People in Arabic was launched in 2020, providing these Arabic-speaking students with intensive English-language courses.
Course Application Eligibility
Do you want to apply to any of the aforementioned courses and study at The University of The People? If yes, then you need to meet the eligibility criteria of the school before you apply. See the following criteria below:
- Firstly; you must have graduated from high school
- Secondly; you have sufficient English proficiency
- Thirdly; you must have access to the internet
How To Apply For The University of People
Do you want to apply for any of the aforementioned courses and to study at The University of The People to earn a tuition-free degree? If yes, then here is the simple way to go about it.
- Log in to the university website at uopeople.edu
- Enter some of your basic information about what degree you want to study and your current level of education.
- A payment page where you can pay the $60 application fee will appear
- You will get an email from your personal Admissions Advisor, within 24 hours after the submission of your application
- You will receive an email with login details to access the UoPeople portal
- You will see the funding page where you can apply for a scholarship if you need it.
- To proceed with the payment, simply choose to pay on the option
- Sign the agreement
- Then Save Your Spot by writing your name digitally
- And click submit
- To find more information and video tutorials, log into uopeople.edu/howtoapply.
How To Complete The Online Application
Filling out the online form is very simple, meanwhile, for you to complete the online form, you need to provide some information as it is contained in the form. The University of People admissions application requires the information below:
- Fundamental information. In this section, you need basic information such as name, date of birth, and address.
- Education history information: here, you are to provide basic details about your education, which may include but not be limited to your high school certificates or Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. It also includes the name, location, and completion dates of the school. If you cannot provide the above-mentioned as an Undergraduate applicant, please click here.
- English proficiency: you have to show proof of your English proficiency completion and the scores obtained, if the occasion calls for it.
- If you have completed your one-time non-refundable payment, then you will show, if not then click on Application Fee.
- To start your application now Click here