How to Check if Your Institution is Accredited for NYSC Mobilization – Having issues with getting the universities that have been accredited for NYSC mobilization? Or are you finding it difficult to get the correct list of universities that we have in Nigeria that have been accredited for NYSC mobilization?
NYS is an acronym for National Youth Service Corp. It is a medium that was formed in order to help the youth who are graduates of different universities, from different disciplines to serve their country for a period of one year.
During the period of this one year, they are been sent to different parts of Nigeria to function in private and public establishments or organizations and contribute to serving their country.
The government in turn gives them a stipulated amount of allowance that encourages them to do more.
When talking about institutions accredited for NYSC, they are institutions that have received accreditation (approval) to operate and also coordinate their graduate for the National Youth Service Corps.
Whichever your choice of institution is we will give you a step-by-step guide on how to check if the university is accredited and also if your course of study has received accreditation from the university.
It is very possible for the university to get accreditation but your courses of study have not been accredited by that university.
This will serve as a hindrance for you in the university to g for NYSC.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to check your institution-accredited course.
- Using your preferred browser and a valid data connection you can log on to the official NYSC page or click on https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1/CheckInstitutionCourses.aspx
- you will see spaces for you to choose the right information
- firstly you have to choose your program (1st degree- university, colleges – mono-technic, polytechnic – HND
- The next is to choose your institution. If you scroll through and you can’t find your institution in the box, that automatically means that your institution has not received accreditation for NYSC mobilization.
- On the institution page, you can find both the public and private polytechnic and even colleges that are accredited so you choose your own
- The next step is for you to choose the extract course button and then a list of accredited courses from the university, polytechnic, or mono-technic will be shown.
- You check if your course of study is included and if it’s not you can either change institution or courses.
- If you are already a graduate you can seek counsel from your school’s student affairs division.
Guidelines for NYSC mobilization
- It is for all graduates who have completed a full-time course.
- Only graduates whose data have been submitted for mobilization by their respective institutions
- Graduates whose admission was done through the joint admission and matriculation board
- Candidates who have been subjected to screening for conformity with the requirements needed.
- Graduates of courses that have received accreditation
- Candidates whose admission into the institution has been confirmed by the JAMB
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is responsible for NYSC mobilization?
The mobilization is usually done by accredited universities, colleges, or polytechnics.
Is there a specific guideline for NYSC mobilization?
Yes, there are guidelines for mobilization and it is being stated on the NYSC official page.
What happens if my institution is accredited and my course is not accredited?
You may be deemed unfit for mobilization
What should I do if my school of study lost accreditation can it still be mobilized for NYSC?
Nope, you will not be able to go for NYSC mobilization because your course of study has lost its accreditation.
What if didn’t gain admission through jamb can I still be mobilized?
Nope, NYSC considers you unfit for mobilization
What happens as a master’s student can I still go for NYSC?
NYSC is done for persons who are not up to 30 years if, at the time of masters, you are above 30, you are not eligible for NYSC.
For students who have carry over can they be mobilized?
Nope, you have to clear with your institution first before you can be added to the NYSC mobilization list
Where can I get the NYSC mobilization list?
You can find the list on the NYSC academic board or senate list
How can I check if my name is on the list?
You go through the NYSC academic board portal and then select your institution of study, you input your registration number and your surname in the field provided, you will also include your date of birth, and then you can click the search tap to access your mobilization status.
What is the cost of NYSC mobilization?
There is no cost for mobilization, payments are only made by corps members who have chosen to print their call-up letter and their call-up number sent to them are expected to pay the sum of 2,786
What is the official age limit for NYSC candidates?
The official age limit is 30 years.
Is it possible to do NYSC twice?
It is not possible to go for NYSC twice. That is to say, mobilization for a graduate can only be done once.
Can a graduate pause NYSC?
Yes, it can be done in a minimum of one month and a maximum of 12 months which is a year.
Are pregnant women allowed to go to NYSC?
Yes, the NYSC notes that NYSC is not an illness, and as such it should not be used as an excuse.
When the NYSC mobilization does starts?
This is done after the final clearance is done for graduates from different institutions.
What are the requirements for NYSC mobilization?
- Police report
- Affidavit from the Court of Law
- Confirmation of result
- Your personal data page
- A newly obtained international passport etc.
This article gives a brief process on how to check if your institution has been accredited for NYSC mobilization. It also carries the guidelines for NYSC mobilization institution
For more information and inquiries you can log on to the official NYSC websites.