Do you that you can still be in Nigeria and take your SAT examination? Yes, that is very possible. If you are nursing a dream of studying abroad, like in the United States of America, then you will need to write the SAT examination.
So the question is, “What is the fee, and the requirements that those in Nigeria should know about the test?”
Most people don’t know much about SAT test in Nigeria, but in this post, we will give you all the information that you need to know about the test. But most importantly, we are going to focus our attention on fees that applicants are to pay for the test, and the necessary requirements that must be met by applicants for this test.
What is the Full Meaning of SAT?
Before we proceed to the main discussion of today, let us first take a look at what the acronym SAT means.
SAT stands for Scholastic Aptitude Test. It is a widely known and recognized test written by students who are planning to apply for admission into colleges and universities United States of America and its environs.
About Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
It is a paper and pencil test that is conducted by the college board for those intending to pursue an undergraduate admission abroad, most especially in the United States of America. The test is conducted 5 (Five Times) every year, although it can be carried out seven times in some countries, all things being equal.
SAT has two basic categories which are evidence-based reading and writing. There are also others such as math and an optional writing section. In this test, candidates are required to answer about 154 questions within 3 hours.
SAT scores are measured between 400 to 1600 for admission. And the registration fee for SAT is the sum of $109.
SAT Examination Fee for International Students for 2023
The fees paid by SAT students differ, based on where you are, and international students like those in Nigeria, have different SAT fees, it is not the same as those in the United States.
Having said that, we have here a breakdown of the standard fee that the college board of SAT has released as registration fees for SAT international students, here is the breakdown.
SAT Exam Fees for International Students
Now, for those of you who have been asking how much SAT examination fee is, we have finally got the breakdown of the fees for you. If you register for SAT as an international student, here is a breakdown of your examination fee schedule.
- Exam service SAT exam fees
- SAT registration is $60
- Regional fee $43
- Test center fee (in select locations) $24
- Change in test center $25
- Cancellation of registration $25
- Late cancellation $35
- Additional score reports (cost per report) $12
- Rush reports $31
- Get results by phone (cost per call) $15
- Archived scores of $31
Different Country’s SAT Exams Fee
Below is a breakdown of the different country’s SAT examination fees for registration, they are:
- SAT registration fee in Pakistan 2023 is $60
- SAT exam fee in Bangladesh 2023 is $60
- SAT registration fee in Nigeria 2023 is $60
- SAT exam fee in Nepal 2023 is $60
- SAT exam fee in India 2023 is $60
SAT Payment Method
The college board has a designed method that candidates for SAT are to use in paying for their different kinds of fees. So what method does the board approve for the payment of fees, for those in the USA and international students?
Let us see what the board has recommended. They have recommended and approved 4 (Four) methods of making payment, which are:
You can use any of these credit cards in making payments for the SAT test. They include American Express, Discover, Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, and JCB.
You can also use PayPal to pay for your fees, but if you are new to using PayPal, then you need to create an account before beginning registration. For those from Ghana, you are not eligible to use the PayPal method, because Ghana does not support Paypal.
Check or Money Order:
If you did not use the above methods, you can deliver all money orders and checks to ‘The College Board’ address. Checks drawn from other countries are not accepted except those withdrawn from U.S. banks.
Another method that you can use is a Bank draft.
How to Pay for SAT
To pay your SAT fees, follow this guide:
- Log into the portal https://examplanetnigeria.com/payment
- Click on Make payment
- If you click on upload details
- Fill in your details on the payment option
- Enter the invoice number
- Enter the Amount Paid
- Enter your E-Mail address
- Store the service by clicking on the service button
- Fill in other personal information
- Click on the submit button and submit
SAT Exam Requirements in Nigeria for 2023
In this section, we will discuss the different types of requirements. What are the basic requirements that all applicants have to meet for SAT test? The list of requirements is here below:
SAT Photo Requirements
What are you required to meet for your SAT photo?
- Your eyes must not be blocked
- There shouldn’t be much light or darkness
- Your face or head should not be covered by what you wear, be it a hat or anything else.
- No digitally tampered photographs
- You are the only one to appear in the picture
- Your head and shoulders must be in full view
- Your face, eyes, and hair must be properly visible
- Head coverings for religious grounds are allowed
- Your face should be in focus
- Traces of dark spots/shadows should not be found
- Black and white pictures are also allowed
- Things to Consider When Taking IELTS Writing Test – Pass Once and For All
- How to Register for IELTS in Nigeria, Exam Dates and Exam Center (Updates)
SAT Day Test Requirements
Now let us see the SAT day test requirement for this year.
- Candidates must wear a mask
- Candidates without masks will not be allowed
- Candidates are to sit six feet away from each other
- They must answer health-related questions before the commencement of the test
- Candidates who are sick can contact the customer’s service so as to cancel their exam, by so doing, they will not be charged for it. In order to authenticate their cancellation, they have to ensure that:
- They have not met a Covid 19, patient in the last 14 days
- That COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, muscle pain, difficulty of breathing, and chills have not been experienced by them.
The fees and all the requirements who are applying for the SAT test for the 2023/2024 academic session have been outlined for you. With the information, you can now know how much you need to budget for the test and the requirements that you need to meet for the test.