Do you want to connect your discord to your Xbox? Connecting your Discord to your Xbox is a very simple thing to do inasmuch as you have done the necessary, which is what? Before you connect your Discord to your Xbox, you will have to first install the Xbox and the Discord apps on any of the devices that you are using. if you have done that then the remaining task is ours.
In today’s article, we are going to look at how to use Discord on Xbox, using different methods. So for you to know how to connect your discord to your Xbox, read this article to the end.
Important Things to Do
Are you aware that Discord now has the capacity to work with the Xbox console that allows users to transfer Discord voice channels to their Xbox even while they are playing on their console? Before you start using Discord on your Xbox, there are necessary things you have to put in place, they are as follows:
One important thing you should do is to: Enable Remote Features. In order to avoid issues, the remote features must be enabled while using Discord. So how do you enable the Remote Features? Here are the steps to follow:
- Press the Xbox button on the controller.
- Select Profile & System.
- Select Settings > Devices & Connections.
- Select Remote Features.
- Select Enable Remote Features.
- Select Sleep under Power Options.
How to Connect Xbox Account from the Discord App
First Method: Follow these steps below to connect your Discvord to Xbox
- Open the Discord app.
- From the bottom right of your screen, click on the Profile icon
- To see your linked accounts, click on the Connections button.
- To link your Xbox account, click on the Add button at the top right of your screen
- Scroll down and click the Xbox button.
- Click the Get Started tab.
- Select Continue
- Sign in to your Microsoft account,
- To connect your Xbox and Discord accounts
- Select Authorize
- After that is done then your accounts have been linked successfully.
How to Use Discord on Xbox (Second Method)
Apart from the first method that we showed you on how you can connect your Discord on Xbox, here, we will tell you an alternative means of this connection. we will tell you how you can transfer voice calls from Discord mobile app to Xbox, whether to an Android or an iPhone.
It is now simple for you to transfer your voice calls to your Xbox since you have successfully connected your Discord to your Xbox. Now let us show you how you can transfer your voice calls.
- The first thing you should do is join a voice channel.
- Then, open your ongoing Discord call.
- Swipe up from the call options bar at the bottom, when you are in the call window
- You will see a variety of options, after you swipe up, there will be an option to transfer the Discord call to your Xbox, if your Xbox integration was a success, that means you have to click on the “Transfer to Xbox” option.
- You will be redirected to the Xbox app and receive a confirmation prompt, immediately after you select the “Transfer to Xbox” option, you will be told that it is no longer under Xbox’s moderation, once you transfer the Discord voice chat to Xbox. now all you have to do is to click on the Transfer Voice to complete the process.
- You have to go back to your console and tap the Xbox button, as soon as you transfer your voice chat to Xbox. For you to see your Discord call in action, you have to scroll down to the right, where you find parties and a chat window.
Recommended For You:
Steps to Voice Chart With Friends
After a successful connection of the Xbox account to Discord, what else should users do? The next thing is to start a voice chat with friends on other platforms. How will you do it? Now this is the step you should follow in order to start charting with your friends.
- On the Xbox dashboard, you have to press the guide button
- Select Parties & Chats.
- Select Discord > Join a Voice Channel.
- From the list of available Discord servers, pick a voice channel
Things You Should Remember:
While you are enjoying all the activities, there are certain things you keep in mind.
- Features typically found in Xbox party chat do not have the backup of your Discord voice channels, such as
- Invite everyone to the game
- Join game,
- Switch to game chat,
- Party overlay,
- View profile card,
- And many others.
- Your Discord friends cannot be mixed with your Xbox friends
- In your Discord voice channel, you will see all your Discord friends,
- Your Xbox party chat will include all your Xbox friends
- You cannot switch between Discord voice channels on consoles that are not supported. To switch to a new voice channel, you need to retransfer audio from Discord again.
- Remember that you cannot broadcast Discord voice channel audio through Xbox live streaming.
- It is not in all countries/regions that Discord is available
Joining a Discord Voice Channel on Xbox Console
If you want to join a Discord voice channel on your Xbox console, you have to follow some simple steps that will enable you to do so. The steps are here below:
- Press the Xbox button, so that you will be able to open the guide on your controller
- Scroll down to Parties & chats
- When you get to parties and charts, select Discord.
- From the list you will see, press the A button and select a Discord server
- from the Voice channels list, press the A button and select a Discord voice to join the channel
That is how you can connect your Discord on your Xbox and you see that it is very simple, and that is if you are able to follow the steps we outline for you. However, we have told you all that you need to know how to use Discord on Xbox, using different methods. So for you to know how to connect your discord to your Xbox, read this article to the end.