How to Study in Canada Without IELTS Score as a Foreign Student?
Canada is known to be the second largest country in the world with its area. Located in North America, having Ottawa as its capital.
Educationally Canada is known to be one of the best educational countries. Students get admitted into different universities in Canada with or without IELTS.
Apart from IELTS, there are other English proficiency exams students or individual can take and is recognized by top universities in Canada.
Canada holds one of the largest student educational admissions. most of its universities offer scholarships to indigenes and non-indigenes of the country to study.
Are you having difficulties in your application to study abroad? or are you confused about which university in Canada accepts IELTS?
Are you, a foreign student with another English proficiency test result and you seek to study in Canada but don’t know how?
This article is to explain and elaborates on this issue.
In this article, I will be talking about how to study in Canada as a foreign student without an IELTS score, I will list out the universities in Canada where one can study without an IELTS score.
will also talk about universities you can study in Canada with IELTS.
How to Study in Canada Without IELTS Score as a Foreign Student
As a foreign student, you stand a better chance to study in Canada without an IELTS score.
Although it has procedures for admitting international students who have not written the IELTS examination or test.
- you have to meet the criteria of universities that do not make IELT compulsory
- you can present a result of any other English proficiency exams apart from the IELTS
- you have studied English for at least one year in the intended university
You have to meet the criteria of universities that do not make IELT compulsory
Some schools in Canada accept students who have studied in a school that uses English as a mode of communication for four years, also you should be a native of an English-speaking country. Students should note that different universities have different criteria
some of the criteria include:
- Presenting an English proficiency certificate given to the students by his/her previous school stating their educational language.
- presenting r submitting proof that the student’s native country is an English-speaking country.
- Applying for an English course at a university in Canada.
You can present a result of any other English proficiency exam apart from the IELTS
Submitting the scores of alternative English proficiency tests. we have various English proficiency tests that are recognized globally.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Pearson Tests of English (PTE)
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment – CAEL, CAEL-CE, CAEL online
- Cambridge Assessment English (C1 Advanced/C2 Proficiency)
- CanTest by the University of Ottawa( the capital of Canada)
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP)
- Academic English Program for University and College Entry (AEPUCE)
you can also read;
That notwithstanding, Students can present test scores from any of these proficiency test examinations and are accepted to study any course in the university
Applying for an English course at a university in Canada.
students gain admission into universities in Canada without IELT. This is if you are applying for an English course in Canada
List of universities in Canada that You Can Study without an IELTS score
- University of Regina
- Okanagan college
- Carleton university
- Cambrian university
- McGill university
- Fanshawe College – Ontario
- Loyalist College – Ontario
- Niagara College – Ontario
- Conestoga College – Ontario
- Fleming College – Ontario
- Humber College – Ontario
- Mohawk College – Ontario
- Confederation College – Ontario
- Georgian College – Ontario
- Bow Valley College (BVC) – Alberta
- Selkirk College – BC
The list above shows the number of universities in Canada where a foreign student can study without IELT
Foreign students who have their visas have access to Canadian universities with or without IELTS. Besides this, we have listed some of the universities in Canada that accepts students without iELTs examination.
Most universities do not accept IELTS as their proffered English proficiency exams but accept other English proficiency examinations.
Also, it is pertinent to note that universities that do not accept IELT do not mean it’s a free pass. They also have their criteria. Prospective students should check the eligibility of their preferred universities before applying.
It is also important to note that other English proficiency tests are accepted and make you eligible to study in Canada as an international or foreign student.
Presenting a score on any other English proficiency test and exams increases your chances of getting admitted into Canadian universities without an IELTS score.
You should also note that IELTS does not give a score or have a cut-off mark but IELTS uses a grading system of 1-9.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is IELT a major criterion during the VIsa application?
No, it’s not. you can take any other English proficiency examination.
Can an international student study in Canada without an IELTS test/examination?
yes you can
Can the IELTS certificate be bought or is it transferrable?
No, it cannot be bought and it is not transferable. you have to register for the exams, write the exams, and get certified with your name on the certificate. As such you cannot transfer it.
What is the requirement for IELTS registration?
A candidate must be up to 16 years and above, must possess an international passport, and must provide photocopies of his passport photograph.
Can I choose a date &venue for my IELTS exams?
Yes you can choose a date and location favorable for you. to know more about IELTS you can log on to https://www.ielts.org/
Can I process a visa application to Canada without IELTS?
Yes, you can. But on certain conditions.
Which other courses can study in Canada without passing through IELTS?
there is only one course that Canada permits a student who does not have IELT to study, which is English
Editor’s Recommendation for You
- Western Union Transfer Procedures: How to Send and Receive Money in 2023
- University of Miami Acceptance Rate and Admission Guide in 2023
- Here is the 2023/2024 List of Accredited Faculties of Law in Nigeria
- Schools that Accept 2nd Choice for Admission in Nigeria in 2023
- Ogun State School of Nursing Form Price, Login Portal and Closing Date for 2023/2024