Federal College of Medical Laboratory Science and Technology, Admission Form
Are you seeking admission as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) at the Federal College of Medical Laboratory Science and Technology, Jos? This information is then for you.
Objectives of the Program
- To train MLT who will meet the primary, secondary, and tertiary healthcare needs of the people
- To improve MLT graduates to face external certifying exams and rise to the demanded standard
- To collaborate with the healthcare sector to improve the system of healthcare in the country.
Fellowship Training of WAPCMLS
The School will be hosting Fellowship Training of the College based on the list of the faculties listed down below, following the approval of the Regional Council of the West African Postgraduate College of Medical Laboratory Science.
Faculties for Fellowship Programs
- Below is the list of the faculties:
- Faculty of Bacteriology
- Faculty of Blood Transfusion Service
- Faculty of Clinical Chemistry
- Faculty of Haematology
- Faculty of Molecular Diagnostics and Translational Science
- Faculty of Parasitology and Entomology
- Faculty of Virology
Certificate Courses Offered
Apart from the courses offered at the college, there are other certificate courses offered at the institution which are as follows:
- Medical Entomology
- Clinical Mycology
- Laboratory Quality Management
- Computer Science and Health Informatics
- Clinical Immunology
Every course offered at any tertiary institution has a study duration, so how long will it take for the Medical Laboratory Technician program students to complete their course? The period set for candidates to complete their course for the award of a degree in this field is (3) three years all things being equal.
To apply for admission at the college, candidates are required to pay the registration fee, a fee for obtaining the form. So how much is the registration fee? Applicants will obtain their form at the cost of N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira) only to the college account.
For a candidate to be considered for admission into the college, the said candidate must fulfill certain admission requirements as specified by the management of the college. Now, let us consider some of the prerequisite requirements;
- Candidate applying for admission at the college must obtain Five (5) credits in SSCE (GCE/NECO/WASSCE)
- The credit must include the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, English Language, Mathematics, and Physics.
- Applicant’s SSCE result should not be more than two (2) sittings within a space of 5 years prior to enrollment.
Obtaining the Admission Form
The form is not obtained online, rather all the candidates who need the admission form are to move to the accounting department of the school to obtain their form. Remember that you are to go there with a non-refundable sum of N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira) for obtaining the form.
How to Apply for Federal College of Medical Laboratory Science and Technology Jos Admission Form in 2023
When will the college close the application for the admission form?
After applicants have completely filled out their forms, they are to address and sent the form to the office of:
Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science),
P.M.B. 2253, Jos, Plateau State
- SFU Admission Requirements 2023/2024 Latest Update
- University of Uyo Post-UTME Form 2023/2024 Application Updates
The college will stop accepting applications from candidates on 5th August 2023.
Every candidate who applies for admission to the college will be subjected to an entrance examination to test the intellectual capability of the candidates before they will be offered admission.
The entrance examination of the college will be conducted at the school’s permanent site located at UUTH premises in Lamingo, Jos.
For more inquiries, contact the school by calling this number: 08033603195
Alternatively, you can also visit the accounting department of the school for assistance.
The admission form is mainly for those applying as Medical Laboratory Technicians at the college. We urge every prospective candidate to make good use of this opportunity and ensure that they gain admission to the college so as to live their academic dreams.