NITDA Recruitment – Have a passion for working at the National Information Technology Development Agency? do you have what it takes to work at the agency? Or you have a passion for information technology or IT /infrastructural development?
If you answer yes to any of the above then NITDA is the best place for you. In the course of this article, we will be talking about the various openings that often get recruitment at the NITDA. While each of these positions/departments and fields have their requirements and eligibility we will try to list the general requirements for application of the various positions at the NITDA.
Created in 2007 under the NITDA ACT to be the policy-implementing arm of the Federal Ministry of Communication and Digital Economy under the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
This body was formed on the 18th of April 2001 under the jurisdiction of the government of Nigeria. This body has its headquarters in the federal capital territory and has its agency as Dr. Inuwa Kashifu Abdullahi and its executives.
The body plays an advisory role in copyright law by verifying and revising the applicable laws to suit the application software and technology acquisition.
However, this body is known to be one of the bodies that provide professional training programs in various states in Nigeria. The program is termed a Digital Economy employability program. The aim is to train and provide opportunities to over 200,000 thousand Nigerians from different parts of the country.
The services offered here include s: software testing, IT clearance, licensing of OEMs, IT service provider registration, domain registration, data protection, IT project clearance, rule-making process, IICP registration, scholarship, etc.
For more information and inquiries you can visit the NITDA official page at http://nitda.gov.ng/
What to know about the NITDA Recruitment
The following are the three major things to note about the NITDA recruitment
- The application is usually done online
- After application, all shortlisted candidates will receive an email and also will be published online
- Application is done only at the NITDA official application page
Requirement for NITDA recruitment application
The following are the basic requirements for the NITDA recruitment application. They include but are not limited to
- Be a Nigerian
- The age limit is 20 and above
- Have a valid means of identification including a National identity card, international passport, driver’s license, voter’s card, etc.
- Have a minimum of five (5) credit loads in WAEC, SSCE, GCE, NABTEB, NECO, GCE, etc. (a C in mathematics and English Language is compulsory).
- Should have a BSc or master’s degree certificate from a recognized and accredited institution in the relevant field of study
- Should possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Should have at least basic knowledge of computer skills
- Should have no criminal record
- Should be ready and willing to change the environment
- Possess strong team spirit
States Eligible to partake in the NITDA Recruitment Exercise
The following are the states that have been marked as eligible to partake in the NITDA Recruitment exercise
- Abia state
- Akwa Ibom state
- Adamawa state
- Cross River
- Edo state
- Ekiti state
- Imo state
- Ogun state
Is the NITDA Recruitment Ongoing?
Nope, currently there is no recruitment exercise ongoing at NITDA. The organization is currently getting applications for the training exercise for the second cohort.
On this note, you have to stay updated to know when the recruitment exercise begins.
You can drop a comment or your email in the comment box below and we will get you updated on first-class information on NITDA recruitment.
What is the official portal for NITDA Recruitment?
The official portal for NITDA recruitment is made available at the agency’s official website. The portal can be accessed from the application and submission of relevant documents.
To access this portal you can click on https://nitda.gov.ng/disclaimer/. you have to note that you need to have some basic things like a steady internet connection with a browsing device so as not to disrupt the application.
Any application process can always be accessed via the dashboard you created during registration and application proper.
Departments at the NITDA
- Human resources and administration
- Standard guidelines and framework
- Zonal offices directorates
- Freedom of information unit
- Finance and management control
- Research and development department
- IT infrastructure development
- Project management
- Director of cybersecurity
- Corporate affairs and external resources
- Corporate planning and strategy
- Digital economy development
- e-government and regulatory
- National center for artificial intelligence and robotics
- Digital literacy and capacity development
- Legal services and board matters
- Internal audit
- Procurement unit
- Budget development and monitoring
- SERVICOM etc.
All the departments/units listed above have different workers under them. As such you have to check to know the vacant position available in any of the departments you wish to work.
A Guide to Apply for the NITDA Recruitment Exercise in 2025
Here is a quick guide to applying for the NITDA recruitment
- Using your preferred browser log in to https://nitda.gov.ng/
- Scroll to the career option and click on it
- Register if you are a new user
- While creating a profile please use a valid email address and an active phone number
- Also, be sure that the password you are using will be remembered as it is your login details.
- Check the vacancies available and choose your preferred
- Read the requirements and eligibility under the position chosen. Also, read the instructions carefully
- Fill out the application form accurately
- Upload the documents needed using the specified picture quality and size
- Confirm the information provided on the application
- Click on the apply to submit your application
- Check your email regularly to get updates on the screening test, shortlisted candidates, screening dates, screening centers, etc.
You have to note that the information or updates on shortlisted candidates, screening dates, and venue will only be sent to the registered email address (the email address used during registration).
This article covers the recruitment available in the NITDA. It states the different departments in the management team of the NITDA.
Furthermore, it goes through the requirements and the step-by-step guide for the registration of NITDA.
For more information and inquiries you can visit the NITDA official website at https://nitda.gov.ng/. You can also drop a comment in the comments section below and we will get to give you updates as to the recruitment process or stages of NITDA.
I wish you success in your NITDA application