The Scholarship scheme was organized to offer candidates the opportunity to benefit from the knowledge and facilities offered by world-class institutions across the globe.
So for this course, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF (Petroleum Technology Development Fund) to specific programs at partner institutions.
The awards which are given to successful candidates include the provision of flight tickets to and fro, Health Insurance payment, payment of tuition, and the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses that is miscellaneous.
Interested Aspirant should please take note of the following:
- The following Universities are recognized for their high stands which are maintained, and the objective of the scholarship is best served: United Kingdom. France Germany and Malaysia.
- The 2023/2024 scholarship award to the applicant is limited to the countries stated above.
- Check out the sponsored course at this link: https://scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng/login
- Here is the application portal for the scholarship, you can apply form here:https://scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng/login
What are the Selection Process, the Criteria, and the Requirements
One thing is very certain about PTDF scholarships, is that they are very competitive, and the candidates selected are those who are outstanding across the board.
Now the top applicants are interviewed based on the submitted qualifications and the top candidate for each category from each state will be invited for an interview where a selection committee will be constituted to assess applications through the following:
- The Candidate’s academic merit must be seen as evidenced by the quality of degrees. Other Professional qualifications will be acquired.
- This is for an applicant applying for Ph.D., they must make Relevant publications which is to be referenced by the applicant
- Membership in professional bodies
- The ability to pass in your study/research plan.
- The Polytechnic Ojuku Post UTME Form 2023
- Summit University Post UTME Form 2023
- KSU Post UTME/DE Admission Form 2023
- Sokoto State Postgraduate Admission Form 2023
For those doing their MSc Requirements, Here are the requirements:
- In your first degree, A minimum of Second Class Upper of (2.1) or a Second Class Lower of (2.2) with relevant industry experience.
- One other requirement is that you must have completed the compulsory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- Being computer literate is an added Advantage.
- Getting a five(5) level credit is required including English Language and Mathematics.
- Give your purpose for wanting to study in that applied school for the scholarship. Maximum of 500 words.
- Candidate must have a National Identity Number (NIN) and NIMC verification will be required, charges apply).
For those doing their Ph.D. Requirements, Here are the requirements:
- It is required must have completed the compulsory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Being computer literate is an added advantage.
- Have a minimum of Second Class Lower of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate
- It is also required that you must have had a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than five pages) to include the following:
- Research Problem
- Research Questions/Objectives
- Summarized Literature
- Expected outcomes only where necessary
The Required Documents for all Applicant
Applicants are to scan the following document of then attach them to online application forms:
- Degree Certificate or Statement of Result (First Degree)
- The candidate’s NYSC discharge certificate
- The PINs to any of the following results WAEC, GCE, SSCE, NECO, this is to allow the PTDF to view the O’level results on the relevant website.
- A recent Passport Photograph is required.
- You will need to submit your Local Government Identification Letter
- For Ph.D. applicants, a Master’s Degree Certificate is needed.
- Evidence of membership in professional associations
Take note of the following:
- This application scholarship is for the 2023/2024 academic session.
- The scheme is only limited to PTDF partner universities in PTDF partner schools
- Only Scholarships relevant to PTDF will only be awarded for studies, candidates may be automatically disqualified for applying for programs not relevant to the oil and gas industry
- The proposed course of study applied must also be related to previous studies.
- Candidates who apply more than ones can get disqualification
Also, note that successful Candidates who had made it for the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts, therefore make sure to prepare your transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.