British Army Recruitment Form – Are you a resident of the united kingdom? Or are you an applicant seeking to migrate to United Canada in other to join the British army?
Either as a resident or local/international applicant, you can get more updates and information on the British Army recruitment here.
Either as a British citizen or an international you will be required to attain a physical assessment. You must note that as an international you have to be a member of the Commonwealth nations who is a resident of the UK for 5 years.
Overview of the British Army
The British army is a land army that is in the united kingdom. This army was established on the first of January 1660.
This army is part of the British armed forces that is being managed by the Army headquarters. Also, the levels in this army include Senior officers, officer insignia etc.
This army is equipped with Small arms, logistical vehicles, watercraft, artillery, combat vehicles, vision systems, communication systems, transport vehicles, missile systems engineering vehicles, etc.
This army is also provided uniforms, respirators, boots, load carry equipment, personal role radio, and soldier technology.
The main purpose of this army is to protect the united kingdom at home and abroad through the provision of a safe environment for all British citizens and residents.
The army consists of approximately 73,000 trained regular army.
In this article, we will be talking about the 2023/2024 recruitment of the British army. The requirements, eligibility status or criteria, and the portal for application.
British Army Recruitment Form for 2023/2024 Application
Requirements for the British Army recruitment include;
- All applicants must be between the age of sixteen (16) to fifty (50) years old.
- You must apply and be enlisted before being 36 years
- All applicants under 18 years will need approval proof from their parents or guardians.
- Applicants or candidates must be British, Irish or a member of one of the Commonwealth nations.
- Applicants must be physically fit and have no injuries or predicaments
- Candidates must be clean and have no medical issues
- Should not have any tattoo or form of such that is offending
- Candidates with no criminal conviction
- Candidates who ahve gotten his SSCE
- Commonwealth citizens seeking to join should have a passport that s valid for two years
- Citizens of the Commonwealth should check that they are eligible to enter the United Kingdom and will be permitted to remain till the process is over
- You must run between two lines while making a bleeping sound to pass the bleep test. (this serves as a fitness test).
- Male applicants should score 10.2 and females 8.1
Information Needed for the Recruitment Application
- Name (title)
- Marital status
- Your current address
- Mobile contact (phone number)
- Residency information (here you have to state if you have been approved to live in the United Kingdom or Ireland. You also have to mention how long you have stayed in UK or Ireland)
- Ethnic background
- Report on tattoos and piercings above the shoulder level
- State if you have been under any “care order”
- Employment status
- Educational status etc
British Army Recruitment Form for 2023/2024 Application
How to apply
To apply for the British recruitment exercise you need to follow the following steps
- Using your preferred browser with an active data connection log on to https://apply.army.mod.uk/register
- You will be requested to first of all check your eligibility status
- You will input your age (under 14, 14-17, 18 and over )
- You click on the start now button highlighted in green
- You are on a page where you are to input details about you
- This includes Title, first name, surname or family name, gender, and date of birth, provide your email address, and confirm it
- Provide a security question
- Provide an answer to the security question provided (it should be case-sensitive)
- Tick to answer the question as to if you are currently living in the UK
- Your preferred method of contact (email, text message)
- Your mobile number
If you are already a candidate and you wish to log in you can follow the steps below
- Using your browser click on https://apply.army.mod.uk/login
- Provide your registered and active email address
- Enter your password and log in
In cases of a forgotten password, you are to click on the forgotten password on the candidate portal login and it will send a link to your registered email to recreate a new password.
Types of Jobs in the British Army
- Army Reserve
This involves a full-time course. If you wish to find a role you can click on https://jobs.army.mod.uk/regular-army/find-a-role/
The types of role categories involved in the regular army include
- Logistics and support
- Intelligence, comms, and IT
- HR, finance, and support
To join any of these you have to choose if you are joining as a soldier, an officer, a reserved soldier, or a reserved officer. You can always talk to a recruiter at @https://jobs.army.mod.uk/army-careers-center-finder/ or find a reserve unit at @https://jobs.army.mod.uk/army-reserve/find-a-reserve-centre/
These are persons who serve in the army in their spare time. It is like a part-time job, unlike the regular army. This role is open to persons from the age of 18 to 43 years
It is worth noting that this unit is for people with specific skills
Here we have a total of 76 roles and only 15th featured roles. To find a role you click on https://jobs.army.mod.uk/army-reserve/available-roles/
This article talks about the different roles that are available. Currently, the recruitment process is ongoing and interested applicants who have met the requirements criteria should log in to register.
For more information and inquiries you can log on to https://www.army.mod.uk/
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I work as a part-time soldier in the British Army?
Yes you can apply for army reserve if you have met the terms and conditions (requirements )
Can I make an online application?
Yes, to make an online application log on to https://www.army.mod.uk/
Is the British Army form out?
Yes, currently the application portal is open for applicants who have met the requirements.
What is the required age limit for the British army?
The age range is between 16 to fifty (50)