The University of Ilorin Announces Vacancy for the Position of Bursar – Are you seeking a Job at any Nigerian University? Well, we have got a job opportunity for you at the University of Ilorin.
This job is for a high-ranking vacancy for the post of Bursar at the University of Ilorin. So if you know you are fit for the position, read this article to the end, because in this article, we are bringing to you all the necessary requirements, qualifications, and methods for applying for the job.
The University of Ilorin Announces Vacancy for the Position of Bursar
The University of Ilorin has announced that suitably qualified candidates can apply for the position of Bursar. The effect from September, the position will be vacant, and suitably qualified candidates are hereby invited to put in their application for a new bursar of the school.
Conditions of Service
Among all the applicants who are seeking this job. Only one person will be given an appointment for this job, and the person employed will work based on the terms and conditions of the school. Also, there is a specific tenure for that office.
The condition of service of the newly appointed bursar, and even the salary will receive approval from the following:
- Bursars of Federal Universities
- Federal Government of Nigeria
- The University of Ilorin Governing Council
How long will the person occupying this office last in the service? Anyone who finally becomes the new bursar of the University of Ilorin will serve a single term of five (5) years.
The Role and Duties
In this section, we are going to outline the roles and duties of the bursar. The bursar will serve in the following capacity:
- The bursar will serve as the University’s Chief Financial Officer
- HE/SHE will be direct responsibility to the Vice-Chancellor for the financial administration of the school
- HE/SHE will also advise the University Management on all financial transactions, and investments.
- And other obligations that the Vice Chancellor may require of the person
All applicants are expected to meet the eligibility criteria before they can be considered for the position, some of the eligibility requirements of the school, and you must be a graduate with a degree honors in any of the following courses:
Moreso, you must be a member of any of the professional bodies listed below:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), could be one obtained from England, Wales, Scotland, or Ireland
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- Chartered Institute of Cost
- And Management Accountants (ICMA)
Apart from the aforementioned requirements, there are other factors that have to be put into consideration, they include:
- Applicants should be in good health,
- Should possess sound judgment,
- Have a pleasant disposition and unassailable integrity,
- And be proficient in ICT.
- Candidates must have been a Deputy Bursar
- At least five (5) years, of experience
- At least 60 years old at the date of appointment.
Every suitably qualified candidate who wants to apply for the position is required to follow this step-by-step procedure to apply for the job.
To apply, applicants should forward and submit 25 copies of their CV and application to the registrar of the school, more so, the CV should contain the following information:
- Full Name:
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- State of Origin/LGA:
- Permanent Home Address:
- Current Postal Address:
- E-mail Address and Phone Number:
- Marital Status:
- Number of Children (with Names and Ages):
- Institutions Attended (with Dates):
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (with Dates):
- Honors, Distinctions, and Membership of Professional Bodies (with Dates):
- Working Experience with Evidence: Thie could be General and Specific with Dates
- Present Employment, Status, Salary & Employer:
- Extra-Curricular Activities:
- Any Other Relevant Information
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees
- Two of the referees must be Professionals or authorities in University administration
- The remaining referee must be from the place of work where the applicant is currently working.
Application Submission Guideline
As you plan to apply for this position, read these application guidelines, so that you may not make mistakes in your applications. Make sure that your application is clearly stated thus;
- “Application for the Post of Bursar”
- It should be sealed in an envelope and forwarded to the Registrar, University of Ilorin, P.M.B. 1515, Ilorin, Kwara State.
- Your application should not be later than six (6) weeks from the date of publication
- Ensure that your referees send their reports, to the Registrar
- And should be marked Referee’s report for the post of Bursar.
That is all you need to know to apply for the position of bursar at the University of Ilorin. So if you know you are fit for the position, go ahead to apply. We have provided you with all the necessary requirements, qualifications, and methods for applying for the job.