Have you heard of the latest update about Covenant University postgraduates’ admission application? If not, be informed that there is important information for all the aspiring students of Covenant who want to run their postgraduate courses at the school.
This is to notify you that the aforementioned school, has begun the sale of its postgraduate form, and is inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for admission into the University for the 2023/2024 academic year calendar.
To that end, this article will help all interested applicants to get all the information they need to apply for their Postgraduate admission at Covenant University Ekpoma, Edo State. This includes all the postgraduate programs offered by the school, the application procedures, and the requirements for all the specific levels of programs.
About Covenant University
Covenant University is a private Christian University that was established in 2002 at Ota, Ogu State. it is associated with Living Faith Church. Covenant University started in 1999 but was finally established in 2002, by Bishop David Oyedipo, the overseer of the Living Faith Church Worldwide. He is also the Chancellor of the university, while Pastor Abraham Ojeme became the pro-chancellor of the school in 2013. Covenant University is led by a renowned Professor Abiodun Humphrey Adebayo
The prestigious University runs both undergraduate programs and postgraduate programs as well. According to Times Higher Education, Covenant University became the first University in Nigeria to be ranked in the top 401-500, in 2019. The school belongs to the:
- Association of Commonwealth Universities,
- Association of African Universities,
- And National Universities Commission
Postgraduate Programs Offered at Covenant University
Like many other reputable institutions, Covenant University offers varieties of Postgraduate programs that interested candidates of the school can apply for, and the programs are as follows;
- Master’s Degree Programs
- PhD Degree Programs
Covenant University General Admission Requirements Criteria
If you are interested in applying for the Covenant University Postgraduate admission for the 2023/2024 academic year calendar, you have to fulfill the basic requirements for admission to be considered first, and the requirements are as follows;
- Degrees and/or diplomas,
- Academic transcripts,
- Reference letters,
- A 500-word statement of intent
Note: Those from Nigeria must present the:
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharged certificate or exemption or exclusion certificate as the case may be.
- In the same vein, the candidates will make sure that his or her official academic transcript(s) is been forwarded to the dean of studies of Covenant Postgraduate schools.
Requirements for Master’s Degree Programs at Covenant University
Now let’s look at some of the requirements for candidates applying for master’s degree programs. If you are applying for a master’s degree program at Covenant University, these are the requirements you have to meet for you to be qualified to apply for admission.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields from Covenant University, or any other recognized institution recognized by the senate of Covenant University.
- For any field of study, candidates may want to apply for, the minimum requirement is a Second Class (Lower Division).
- Another group of candidates who may be considered for admission are Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.00 scale, and Third Class Bachelor’s degree or HND (With Upper Credits).
Duration of Study for Master’s Degree Programs
How long will take for students to complete their master’s degree programs? The minimum period of time it will take students of the master’s degree programs to complete their studies is two academic sessions full-time. Ph.D. Degree Programs.
Requirements for Ph.D. Programs
The following are the requirements for all candidates seeking admission at the Ph.D. level.
- Applicants for Ph.D. programs are required to obtain a Bachelor’s degree and Master’s Degree in relevant fields from Covenant University, otherwise a degree from other well-recognized tertiary institutions that have the recognition of the Senate of Covenant University, will also be accepted.
- For direct entry into the Ph.D. degree program, applicants must have a CGPA of 4.00 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent (60%) in the Master’s (M.A/M.Sc/M.Eng/M.Tech).
Duration of Study for Master’s Degree Programs
Do you know the length of time the Ph.D. program will last? It will take students of master’s degree programs about 3 (three) to 4 four months, minimum and maximum period of time respectively to complete their programs.
Covenant Business School (CBS) Admission
Master of Business Administration (MBA)? This is to bring to your notice that the Covenant Business School (CBS) also offers admission for students at the master’s level. So if you have an interest in pursuing a master’s degree program at the University, you can also apply. The requirements for a Master of Business Administration (MBA) are:
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- They must possess at least a second-class lower division from any university that the Senate. of Covenant University a[pproves of.
NOTE: Postgraduate Students (Masters/Ph.D degree), can also enjoy other benefits at Covenant University. They include:
- Industrial/professional experience
- Certificate/Diploma program in Leadership.
- UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission Application Form for the 2023 Admission Process
- Bayelsa State School of Nursing 2023 Admission Form, Price, and How to Apply
How Much is the Application Form?
To apply for Postgraduate admission at Covenant University for the 2023/2024 academic year, suitably qualified candidates are required to pay the sum of N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira) only, as a fee for their application form.
How to Apply for Covenant University Postgraduate Admission
If you know that you have met the requirements and now, you want to apply, to apply for admission, candidates are expected to follow these guidelines, which will make it easier for them to apply successfully. The following guideline will help;
- Log into the official website at https://spsadmportal.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/
- Create an account, if you do not have one
- But if you already have an account,
- Login to the site, and your credentials that will enable you to complete your application
- You will be guided by the system on how to complete the application
- After filling out the application form,
- Click on submit!
The registration deadline for the aforementioned application has not been released at the time of publishing this post.
That is how far we can go for today’s article, knowing that we have covered all that we had in mind for you. You can now use the information to your own advantage.