Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship – The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program has been brought and it is for all citizens of some developed countries who wish to apply.
It is interesting to know that the Joint/World Bank Scholarship offers scholarships to 45 persons who are participating in Master’s Programs.
This is done in 27 universities which are in key areas of developing countries like,
in Europe, Africa, the U.S., Japan, and Oceania.
Those Developed Countries which the Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship is Sponsoring include the following:
Central African Republic
Congo, Dem. Rep.
Egypt, Arab Rep.
Iran, Islamic Rep.
Micronesia, Fed. Sts.
Papua New Guinea
São Tomé and Príncipe
Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank and Gaza
Yemen, Republic of
Note: You are not eligible to apply for a JJ WBGSP Scholarship in 2023/2024 if you are not admitted to one of these 45 Participating Master’s Programs.
- Top 10 Best Betting Websites in Nigeria 2023 With High Winning Potential
- SUMAS Post UTME Screening Form 2023/2024 Application Updates
- Shehu Shagari University of Education Admission Requirement and Course Offered (2023)
The Next Application Process
The Two Roads Includes:
Application Window 1
And Application Window 2
The Application Window 1
This application runs from the 16th of January to the 28th of February, 2023. That is done at noon Washington time. The Application Window1 application is closed for now, and the names of selected applicants will be announced by the end of March 2023
Application Window 2
This application runs from the 27th of March to the 26th of May, 2023. This is done at noon Washington time.
Who is Eligible for the Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship?
The details here on Eligibility Criteria are for each applicant. The detailed eligibility criteria are strictly for everyone and are adhered to, meaning there are no exceptions made.
- Participants must be a national of a World Bank member developing country on the list mentioned above.
- Aspirants must be in a good health
- Must hold a degree, and should be earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline.
- One other eligibility is that he or she must have 3 years of work experience after earning a Bachelor’s he is studying.
- On the application deadline or before the Scholarship Application Deadline, participants must be admitted unconditionally except if it is for funding.
- The applicant’s letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application.
- Must Not be a close relative like Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew to the staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group.
Note: All eligibility, mentioned above are strictly adhered to. There are no exceptions made. This means there are no eligibility criteria that will not change during an open call for applications.
The Joint Japan Scholarship and World Bank has used this medium to access every candidate eligible for scholarship applications from developing country nationals.
The aim of this is to identify those candidates with the highest potential, after the completion of their graduate studies.
Two qualified assessors single-handedly review every eligible applicant and they score the application on a scale of 1 to 10, with this assessment, they take account of four main factors and the degree of among them all:
2- Here is How They Rate the Assessment:
- They are particular about the quality of Professional Experience which is 30%
- The quality of Professional Recommendations is 30%.
- Participants’ quality of Commitment to their Home Country is 30% of the assessment.
- And the quality of Education Background is 10% weight.
With these, they have 100% of the Assessment. The Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Secretary checks for those with the average score of the two assessors to select the finalists:
- They Maintain a reasonably wide geographical distribution of awards for the participant.
- secretariat Maintains a reasonable distribution of awards across all gender.
- They are particular with any unusual circumstances or hardships when they are assessing the employment experience and other aspects of an application.
- When giving scholarships to these applicants, they check out for those who may have limited access to financial resources for graduate studies abroad.
When all of that is done, the Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship secretariat will then present the finalists who are eligible to participate in the Program scholarship to the JJ/WBG Steering Committee for approval.
The committees consist of the World Bank Board of Directors and World Bank Management. When the committee must screen and finalize everything, the winners are notified.
The Benefit of the Joint Japan/Bank Scholarship
The Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship scholarship provides the participant with the following benefits:
- The participant benefits from traveling the economy class air, from their home country and the host university at the beginning of their study program, and immediately after their study, at the end of their scholarship period. In addition to that, they are given a US $500 travel allowance for each trip.
- Their Tuition for the graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance are obtained through the university.
- While the participant is on a scholarship period, They will receive a monthly subsistence allowance, their allowance covers all living expenses which includes accommodations, books, food, etc. The amount of the allowance most times varies, and it depends on the country.
The Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship does not cover the following:
- The cost of the applicant’s VISA.
- Expenses to bring the scholar’s family or to support a scholar’s family members.
- They don’t sponsor Extracurricular courses or training.
- Courses that do not meet the credits which are required to earn the graduate degree are not sponsored.
- Language training that is not provided by the graduate program is not part of the sponsor.
Apply for the Joint /JapanWorld Bank Scholarship
You can apply from the link below, and follow the instructions given to complete the application.
Candidates who meet the candidate’s eligibility will be emailed. But if you think you meet all the eligibilities but have not been emailed then you can reach out to them through this email address, email@example.com